Graves | Chapter 22

LEXAS POV

Opening up to Clarke was one of the most hardest things I've ever done. The fear of her running away from me because of my past, terrified me. I still haven't told her everything, but it's the best I can do at the moment.

Clarke didn't realize that I was listening to her the whole time she was talking. She, falling in love, with..me? I've never witnessed love. I thought I did with Costia but when I'm with Clarke it's..different. Costia was amazing, beautiful and could make me laugh but she was also a liar, a cheater, and abusive.

When I'm with Clarke I feel like I'm on top of the world, like I don't have to hide or be someone I'm not.  I don't have to be a badass girl, I don't have to scare people. I don't know if I'm in love with her yet but defiantly I can feel something.

I bury my face into her hair and kiss her head. Her hair smells like coconuts and ocean. It smells like home. I didn't grow up on the beach, but the beach is my safe place. She is my safe place.

I eventually let sleep take over me and fall asleep with my face in her hair.

A few hours pass before I wake up again to an empty bed. I check the clock and its 5 am. I don't have a class today but Clarke does. I assume she got up to get ready for it.

My theory is confirmed when she walks into my bedroom, toothbrush in her mouth and putting her hair into a messy bun. "Get up sleepy bitch" she says and slaps my butt. I just look at her with a confused look but she only laughs at me and walks back out.

I get out from the bed and go into her bathroom and hug her from behind. She is doing her natural makeup, even though she is beautiful without. "Babe. You shouldn't wear makeup you are gorgeous without it." I tell her as I place my chin on her left shoulder.

She puts her makeup supplies down and places her hands on my arms before leaning back into me. "Thank you. But not everyone thinks that" she says as she plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Oh. I have been meaning to ask you something. Umm...uh....um" she seems embarrassed to say it so I give her a reassuring squeeze. "Will you have thanksgiving with my family and I. You can say no..I mean..only say yes if you want to I won't be off-" I immediately knew my answer when she asked me. "Of course I'll go Clarke. Is your mom ok with it" "lex my mom loves you of course she's ok with it." That's true Mrs Griffin does like me. When I talked to her on the phone she was super excited that I was going on a date with Clarke.  I just smile at her and let her finish getting ready.

I walk into the living room and turn on the TV. Dance Moms is on so I decide to watch it. Most people don't know this about me, but Dance Moms is one of my favorite shows. I was so invested in the show I didn't even realize Clarke was getting ready to head out.

"Bye gorgeous" she says before planting a kiss on my cheek and heading out the door. I just face her and smile. You know those movies that it's either everyone likes it or everyone hates it. Where two people are so in love that when they look at eachother it's almost as if they are the most amazing thing in the world.
That's how Clarke and I are. When I look at her I see the best. I can't see her flaws because she doesn't have any. I refuse to lose this girl. I will protect her with my life.

I decide to get off my ass and go to my parents grave, it's about an hour drive from campus but it's honestly worth it. Maybe I'll bring Clarke there one day.

An hour later I pull up to he cemetery and walk to their graves, which are right next to eachother. They read Gustus Woods beloved father, brother, and son. Indra Woods, faithful mother and daughter. The thought of my Uncle makes me sick. At least his ass is in jail for another 10 more years. I sit down in front of my parents grave and talk to them.

"Hey mom and dad. I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while. I've just need super busy. I've got ALOT to tell you. First off I know what you would ask me first, yes Anya is good. Do you remember Niko, she married him. He's a nice guy, she's happy. Second Uncle Titas he's still in jail. Thank god. I know you would tell me to forgive him, but I won't, I can't do it. So I'm sorry for that. And the best news of it all. I met someone. A girl, named Clarke. Clarke Griffin. She has blonde hair and she's a bit shorter than I am. And her eyes. Oh her eyes are the bluest color I've ever seen in my life. She's so beautiful. Her smile lights up a room and her laugh makes my stomach explode into tiny particles. I wish you could've met her cause I know you would have loved her. Probably more than you liked Costia. Oh yeah I'm over her." I pause for a second because of the tears streaming down my face. "And I just wanted to say thank you for bringing me into this world. At first I thought life sucked but now, it's pretty good you know. So thank you guys. I love you" I lean down to touch their graves before getting up and going back to campus.

Hey guys. Sad chapter kinda. Lexa and her parents tho. :( I love Lexa so much. But my mom and I are fighting because she's trying to tell me Jamie and Claire from Outlander are better than Clarke and Lexa. Bullshit. But yeah tell me what you thought of this chapter. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Vote, comment and follow! GOOOOODD DAMNMNNN BYE!