Beep | Chapter 30 (final chapter)

...beep....beep....beep.

The sound of the machine, hooked up to the love of my life.

...beep...beep...beep.

The sound of the love of my life's heart beat.

...beep...beep...beep.

The love of my life, shot by her uncle. The world is so unfair.

...beep...beep...beep.

Her limp body.

...beep...beep...beep

The tube down her throat.

...beep...beep...beep.

The constant beeping. I'm thankful for that. At least they got her beautiful heart beating once again. I'm not crying, there's no tears left. Just staring, it's all I can do right now. She looks lifeless. I've never seen her so vulnerable. The powerful Lexa Woods. The one who saved me. The one who showed me how to be myself. The one who defended me, when no one else would.

The tears are coming again, the minute I think I can't cry anymore, I prove myself wrong.

I hear a knock on the door and a police officer stands there. "Clarke Griffin?" He says. I look up from Lexa and stare him straight in the eye. "Yes?" I say. I must look terrible, I have been here all day, with no sleep. "Can you please step out in the hallway Miss. Griffin" he replies. I give him a look before getting up from my chair. I give Lexa a kiss on the head. "I'll be right back" I whisper.

I step out into the hallway with the officer. "Hi Miss. Griffin I'm Officer Marcus Kane. I'm here in regards of Lexa Woods?" He says looking at me. I just nod, not able to trust my voice in fear it will crack and I will end up crying in the middle of the hallway. "Yes. Titus Woods, uncle of Miss Woods. We caught him, he's being held in custody. We also found John Murphy, Costia Graves, and.." He pauses before continuing. I look up at him. "Finn Collins." He says looking at me. Finn? Finn was apart of this. Why am I not surprised.

My face obviously goes pale as the officer asks if I'm ok. I can't hear him clearly though. I walk into Lexa's room and lay down in bed with her and fall asleep. Needing to hear her heart beat.

"Octavia what do we do." I hear as I'm slowing waking up again. "I don't know, if Lexa dies. Clarke's gonna break down." Octavia says. I open my eyes and see Raven in Octavia's arms on the couch. As soon as they see I'm awake they run to my side. "Hey princess, how are you" I just shake my head and shrug. Settling back down into Lexa.

...beep...beep...beep.

The machine, again.

...beep...beep...beep.

"Clarke..Clarke?" Octavia's voice chimes in. "Yeah? Yeah what's up?" I say coming back to reality. "You just hella zoned out. Raven asked if you wanted to go get something to eat with us?" I think about it for a second, and even though it means leaving Lexa, I think it will be good for me.

"Um..yeah sure, I'll go" I say getting up. I kiss Lexa on the cheek. "I'll be back, I love you" I whisper in her ear before grabbing her hand and squeezing it. I let go and Raven, Octavia, and I walk down to the cafeteria.

Octavia embraces me once we get there, and I can't hold back the tears anymore. I sink in her arms, and we fall to the floor. "What if she dies O, I can't lose her too. I won't survive without her" I sob into her arms, not caring about the looks people are giving us. All though I love Raven, Octavia is like a sister to me, so crying in her arms is natural. "I know Clarke, I know. But Lexa is a fighter she's gonna make it. She is the most stubborn person I know" Octavia says, while smoothing my hair trying to calm me down.