Bruised | Chapter 6

Boring...boring...boring....

This class is boring. Don't get me wrong I love Algebra, but the teacher sucks.

His name is Mr. Pike. He's a total dick. He seems like he only likes the juniors and seniors and not freshmans and sophomores.

There's this one kid in my class, I think his name is Bellamy. He seems to really like him.

Bellamy keeps looking at me. He's all the way on the other side of the room, but he steals quick glances.

"Look class, I know this is the first day, but there will be an exam on this in a few weeks, so be sure you are taking notes" he says as he turns around again to write more stuff that I don't understand on the board.

I look down at my notes to see an empty sheet of paper. Well looks like I'm gonna flunk this, I think to myself.

As I'm mentally criticizing myself I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I contemplate whether to look at it now or after class.

I decide I have nothing more to lose to I carefully sneak it and push the home button.

the name Heda Lexa pops up and I'm so excited to read it.

Heda Lexa: hey princess, i picked up lunch for you and Octavia its at the dorms. Text me after class, need to talk to you bout something.

1st off, aww she picked me up something to eat. And 2nd why does she need to talk to me. I need to know so I decide to text her right away.

Me: Lexa, are you ok? I can come now if you want, this class is shit anyway. And btw thanks for the food.

I set my phone back in my pocket only to feel it vibrate once more.

Heda Lexa: HELL NO! You are not skipping class for me. You will be here in less that 30 mins. And I'm fine. Just need to talk to you.

Alright that's weird. Guess I just have to wait for class to get over with.

15 mins later the bell rings and I jump out of my seat, I grab my stuff and throw it in my bag, and rush out the door.

I rush to the dorms, practically jogging. I finally get to the dorms with sweat dripping down my face.

I get in the elevator and go to my floor trying to catch my breath, I run down to my dorm once again. And fumble with my keys to try and get it in the key hole.

I finally get in and see the food Lexa was talking about.

"Lexa?" I say walking into the living room area.

"Lex?" I say again but this time going down the hallway. I see a figure in her room and walk in.

"Lex? Are you ok" I walk in to her room, and her back is facing me.

"Oh hey Clarke..." She hesitates a bit.

"Lexa, are you ok" I say walking closer to her.

"I'm fine, Clarke just give me a minute" she says still not turning around so I can see her face.

"Lexa look at me" I say making her turn and face me.

There is blood running down her face and a black eye. From what I can tell her nose is bleeding and there is a cut on her lower lip.

"Oh my god Lex" I see taking her face into my hands and rubbing the cut on her lip.

"I'm sorry, I told you to go so I could clean myself up" she says looking almost as if she's trying not to cry. But immediately putting her guard back up and showing an emotionless expression.

"Hey, shhh, don't apologize. Let's get you cleaned up" I say grabbing her hand and leading her into the kitchen.

I make her sit down at the bar island and walk into the bathroom to get my first aid kit.

I come back to the kitchen to she her zoning out.

"Hey Heda. I'm back" I say snapping her out of it and standing in front of her.

"Oh hey princess" she says looking at me and cracking a little smile.

I go ahead and sit down next to her and make her turn towards me. I begin to clean her cuts.

"So commander, what happened?" I ask. Curious onto why she looks like that.

She hesitates a bit. "Fight" she says looking into my eyes.

"Well obviously. But why?"

"Blood must have blood, Wanheda" the way the nickname rolled off her tongue, made me want to change my name to that.

"We keep giving eachother nicknames." I say cracking a smile at her while still cleaning her face.

"Yeah...I know. I just can't come up with the right one for you, you are too many things" as she says this a little bit of pink comes into her cheeks, which makes me blush too.

"But seriously, Lexa what happened?" I say immediately becoming more serious.

"You'll find out soon." She says looking away.

"Lexa.." I begin to say before she cuts me off

"Clarke I promise I'll tell you. Just not now"  I can tell she is getting upset so I just let it be and finish cleaning her face.

"Alright. You are done my friend." I say and start to get up to clean the mess from the wipes.

"Thank you" she says softly.

"Of course Lexa. We're roommates that's what we do for each other" I say while throwing stuff in the trash.

"No seriously Clarke. Thank you. You have done more for me in the past 48 hours than anyone has in my life." She says

I am speechless. Literally no words come out. I just stand there with my mouth open looking into her gorgeous green eyes.

She smiles at me before walking over to me and hugging me and walking back into her room.

Wow. That was interesting, I think to myself as I finish cleaning. Until next time commander.

HEY GUYS! New chapter? What do y'all think? Lemme know if you like it so far! Also tell me if you want Clarke and Lexa to get together soon....OR if you want them to take it slow and be friends for 3/4 of this book. Let me know!!!! Love y'all