Reunited | Chapter 2

This story will be all from Clarke's POV with an occasional one from Lexa.

2 days later
With my music blaring through my ears I see the first NYU sign. I feel the put in my stomach start to grow and can't help but keep an awkward smile off my face.

I turn towards my mom who is just looking at me and smiling. I'm so proud of my mom. I'm all she has left and she is letting me go. She is letting me leave, because she knows that it will make me happy. She trusts that I will come back. She gave me everything I needed growing up and she is letting me go. I make a mental note to hug her extra tight before she leaves.

The campus starts to come into sight and I release the breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

"Wow...its huge" I manage to say but it's only a whisper.

"It really is Clarke, I know you will love it" my mom says, obviously trying to not cry.

I just grab her hand that is not on the steering wheel and I feel her squeeze my hand. It's our mental way of telling each other that everything is going to be ok.

Finally after 2 long days of driving we make it into the big campus parking lot. As soon as my mom parks I jump out of the car.

"I'm here" I whisper to myself. I hear another car door slam and look to see my mom getting out and opening up the trunk to start lugging my things in.

I walk up to her and stand right beside her as I take 3 small boxes. I start to walk up to an administrator.

"Hi, welcome to NYU. If you would please tell me your name and we can get you your room key" she says politely

"Griffin, Clarke Griffin" I say my voice cracking a little when I remember Lexa.

I see her tap a few buttons on her iPad looking device.

"Ah, you share a room with....Octavia Blake and....Lexa Woods. Correct?" She asks the happiness in her voice drops when she says Lexa's name.

"Umm yes that would be correct" ok now I'm worried. Is she really that bad?

"Here is your room key" she hands me the key and moves a bit closer to me to whisper in my ear "be careful with that Lexa girl. She can be scary" she then backs up and walks up to a new person.

Scary? How scary could she be? I'm sure I'll be fine. I hope.

I walk back to my moms car and show her the key. She smiles and nods her head before we walk to the front entrance.

ROOM NUMBER 221 ON FLOOR 3

As we get in the elevator I push 3. And feel myself jerk a bit as we start to go up. I get butterflies. Not because of the elevator but I  wonder if Lexa is already there?

Luckily Octavia will already be there she got there early to decorate her room. Let's just say that our parents have money. We have the biggest room on campus. Enough to fit 5 people if we wanted to.  It's basically a condo.

The elevator dings which causes me to come out of my thoughts.

"Nervous?" My mother asks me.

"Very" is my response.

I'm finally see the dorm 221 come into view and place my key in the door and open it. Thankfully no one is in the kitchen/living room portion.

Then I hear a scream. Octavia...

"CLARKE" I hear and all I see is a girl a little taller than me running to me.

"HEY OCTAVIA" I say as she jumps into my arms.

"Oh my god I miss you so much" she says with her legs still wrapped around my torso. She's not heavy at all though.

"Me too, I'm so glad you are here"  I really am. I missed her so much after she moved.

Finally after about a minute of hugging I finally let go. My mom is already coming back with a second load.

"Mom you didn't have to do that I would have helped."  I say about to head out the door again.

"I know sweetie but I wanted you to catch up with Octavia, and it was the last load so I figured I could do it myself" she says.

Octavia runs up to my mom and hugs her too.

"Hi Mrs. Griffin. I missed you too" she says. My mom and Octavia used to be really close.

"Hi sweetie, I missed you too. You have grown up so much" my mom says pulling away and looking at her.

"Thank you Mrs. Griffin. I'm sure I'll be seeing more of you no that Clarkie and I are reunited" she says. Knowing that her calling me Clarkie annoys the crap out of me.

"Haha. Well I'll let you are CLARKIE get back to catching up" she says putting a lot of emotion in "Clarkie" I shake my head and run up to her.

I pull her into an embrace and let the tears fall. And I hear Octavia walk out of the room, giving us some space.

"I'm gonna miss you so much mom" I cry into her shoulder.

"I know. I'm gonna miss you too. But I'm making you stay, because you can't cling onto me forever. It's what your father would have wanted. And I'm only a call away" she says in my ear.

"I know mom. It's still going to be hard though" I say still hugging her.

"I know it will be, but we will get through it."

All I can do is nod.

"I love you mom, thank you for everything you have done for me." I manage to croak out.

"I love you too Clarke." She says pulling away and starting to head out the door.

"I'll call everyday, I promise" I say as she turns the knob to leave.

"I know you will" she says with a smile before closing the door.

Octavia comes out of her room and hugs me once again.

"You ok?" She asks

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be fine." I say wiping the tears away.  She just nods and backs away. She takes a seat on the couch and flips on the TV.

"Is...Lexa here yet?" I ask trying not to sound like an idiot.

"Nah. She'll be here in about an hour." Octavia says still watching the TV. I nod and start to walk to the empty bedroom. Thank god we all get our own rooms.

I decide for the next hour I will organize my room and unpack. And then just wait for this famous Lexa Woods to get here.

Hey guys. TOLD YOU THE OTHER CHAPTERS WOULD BE LONGER. I hope you all are enjoying this story.
More to come later.
The pic above is Clarke and Octavia (aka Eliza and Marie)