Snapchat | Chapter 14

I felt my eyes flutter open, but for some reason this morning felt different.

I attempted to stretch out but failed. I realized that there was someone holding onto me. I initially start to panic before I finally get a glimpse of who it is. Lexa. I start to recall all that happened last night and can't help but smile.

I stare at Lexa for a while, never wanting this moment to end. I place my head on her shoulder and squeeze her torso.

After about five minutes I pull out my phone and check the time. It's 9:36. I open up my front cam and take a picture of Lexa and I. I am considering setting it as my background but decide not to.

"You could have at least let me smile in the picture" she croaks out in her husky tired voice.

"Oh sorry Lexa didn't realize you were awake" I say. Now I'm embarrassed, maybe I should have taken that picture.

"Why are you sorry. I took when while you were sleeping too" by now her eyes are wide open looking at me. She pulls out her phone and shows a picture of us. I'm sleeping on her chest with my mouth open a bit.

"Lexa! I look so gross why did you take that" I start laughing and smack her arm, I lie back down on her shoulder and bury my face into her neck.

"Well I think you look beautiful" she whispers so only I can hear. This makes me take my face out of her neck and look into her green eyes.

"If I told you I wanted to kiss you, what would you say" she says.

"I would tell you I wanted to kiss you too. But I want to wait until our first date" I say back.

"Deal" she smiles.

We spend about 15 more minutes in bed just joking and sitting in comforting silence.

"Sorry princess but I have class in an hour and I have to get ready" she says getting up.

"Ugh but can't you stay here with me today?" I groan.

"I wish I could princess" she pecks the top of my head before exiting my room.

I finally get up after about 5 minutes. Luckily I don't have class today.

I go the kitchen and debate on what I should eat. I could make pancakes or I could just eat cereal.

I vote for the cereal because it's easy and doesn't require and clean up. I stand at the counter making me cereal, when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. I tense up for a second before I realize it's only Lexa.

"Did I ever tell you how gorgeous you are?" She whispers in my ear. I lean back into her and put my head on her left shoulder while she looks over my right one.

"Yes in fact you have, and you my friend are even more gorgeous than I am" I say to her.

"Let's just agree to disagree." She says before walking away from me and heading towards the door.

"Have a good day. Learn a ton. Follow your dreams." I say to her. Exaggerating on the last two.

"You sound like my mom." She says, with sad eyes.

She walks out the door and I wonder what happened.

I decide to go eat my cereal out on our balcony off of the living room. I see Lexa walking to class. Everyone looks at her like she's a monster. They make it a priority to get out of her way.

That's odd. I finally see why when she turns around. Her face is cold, emotionless. She is not the same person when she is with me. I quickly pull out my phone and snapchat her.