Chi-Town | Chapter 26

"Clarke...you gotta wake up." I hear whisper in my ear. I just mumble and make myself more comfortable into the persons shoulder. But not any persons. Lexa's.

I hear her laugh, and I end up smiling as well. "Clarke we are here. Remember you gotta take me on that date" I jump up faster than I ever have before. I grab my bag and start speed walking towards the exit. I turn to see Lexa lagging behind. "Are you coming. Let's go, double time" I joke with her before getting off the plane.

Once we get off we go to baggage. "Wait here babe" Lexa says before walking into the baggage claim area. After a few minutes she comes walking back with our luggage. I pull out my phone to snapchat it.

Posted to my story

Posted to my story. I walk to her and take my suitcase, and we make our way to the entrance to meet my mom.

We walk to pickup to see my mom with a big sign that reads "GRIFFIN AND WOODS" I run to my mom and give her a big hug. "Hey mom" i say as my face is buried in her chest. "Hey Clarke, look at you, you look so beautiful" she says pulling away from me and looking me up and down.

Lexa comes up behind me and puts her hand on my back. "Hi Mrs. Griffin" she says as she extends her free hand to my mom. My mom just scoffs and pulls her in for a hug. "First off call me Abby, and second we hug in this family" I am embarrassed and I think Lexa can tell because she gives me a *its ok* look. It's odd. Usually when I would bring girls home and my mom would hug them, they looked uncomfortable but Lexa, she fits right in.

As my mom pulls away she looks at me. "She's a keeper Clarke" she's says before turning around. I put my hands in my face so Lexa can't see me blushing. I feel her lean towards my ear. "You heard her Clarke. I'm a keeper" she smiles before too walking away.

In the parking lot Lexa takes her phone out and tells me to take a picture with her.

I see she posts it to her story

I see she posts it to her story. We get in the car and I rest my head on her shoulder. She plays with my hair and I can see my mom looking back at us through the mirror, smiling.

"So Lexa. How do you like college" she asks her. "I love college. Last year wasn't all that great for me, I went through a tough time with my now ex. But this year has been better than I could have ever imagined" she says proudly, with a big smile on her face. "Well I'm glad sweet heart" my mom says before focusing her attention back on the road. We continue our trip to my house in comfortable silence.