uncanny likness (full)

Shawn Mendes was in no way bored with his married life with Camila.

He scrolled through his email while his wife made the best coffee blend he recently received as a gift from a friend. And as the machine hissed and puffed, the dark, life-giving liquid pattering against the bottom of the kettle, an email subject line caught Shaawn’s eye. A newsletter from sexstuds.com which, from the title alone, already made him roll his eyes. It was probably spam, but if it wasn’t, he didn’t remember signing up for this. Dinah and Normani’s idea of a joke, probably.

Still, he read it. What was the harm, after all? The newsletter was informative, though. Coupon codes for sex shops around the NYC, discounts for certain porn films. Shawn didn’t bother with the How to Make Her Orgasm More Than Once articles, since he already knew how to do that for Camila.

But one particular article caught his eye. It was about being a sexually adventurous person beyond public sex and being tied up. Shawn raised his brow. He liked to think that he and Camila were adventurous, and so, he clicked through the link in the newsletter, and it took him to a web page about a hotel that was built a year or so ago.

The hotel was called The Love Hotel. Not entirely original, Shawn mused, but as he clicked around the site, Camila began to hum and sing while she stirred two mugs of coffee, one for her and one for Shawn.

“What are you looking at?” Camila appeared beside him, kissing the top of Shawn’s head. She rested her cheek against Shawn’s head and peered into his monitor. But Shawn had already switched tabs. His screen now showed the New York Times. “Oh, they’re making another Harry Potter movie.“

Shawn pulled Camila to sit on his lap and inhaled the morning scent of her. “They are. You’d make a sexy Hogwarts professor.” He murmured, tongue licking the crevasse of his wife’s neck. “With those robes that billow while you walk, and your wand…”

“I prefer your wand better.” Camila snickered at her horrible joke. She kissed Shawn’s nose and hopped off his lap. “I have a break from rehearsals next weekend, by the way. The director has some business meeting he needs to attend. I would go with him if he asked, but he didn’t. Besides, I think I have better things to do.” She eyed Shawn from where she stood, by the stove, flipping pancakes. “Right, Shawn?

The brown haired boy flipped back to The Love Hotel’s website. He looked up at Camila, thoughts and fantasies already brewing in his brain. “Yeah, definitely. Do you want to go away next weekend then? For some rest and relaxation?”

Camila glanced over at her husband and slid the platter of steaming pancakes on the dining table. “Sure, why not? Do you have somewhere in mind?”

Shawn typed a few things and scrolled even further down the website. “There’s a new hotel just outside the city and they have a pool and a spa. Amongst other things. I thought we could give it a try, since I have a coupon for it.”

The small woman smiled as she ate a forkful of pancake dripping with maple syrup. “Okay! I guess I’ll start packing?”

Shaking his head, Shawn closed his laptop and ate from Camila’s plate. “Whatever you want, Camila.”

____________________________________________

Tossing their weekend bags into the trunk of the car, Shawn opened the car door for Camila to let her in. He fixed the mirrors and mounted the GPS against the dashboard. “All set? We didn’t forget anything?”

“It’s not like we’re going that far.” Camila said, clipping on her seatbelt. “If we did forget something, we can find a Wal-Mart.”