Chapter 17

Ice POV

I sat in the bedroom waiting for Aaron to get out the shower. Mane she gone have a baby when she find out Aaliyah got arrested. Shit I thought I told they ass not to get in no trouble and here I go finding they ass on the news. The door swung open and Aaron came in with a towel wrapped around her.

"Aaliyah not back yet?" She said going through the drawers for clothes. She put on a ATL tank top and black leggings. I watched as she tightened her bun on her head.

"Uh is you deaf?!" She snapped as she waved in my face.

"Oh uh...Aaron...I was watching the news right-" I was about to say until she cut me off.

"So where you getting at though?" She said putting her hands on her hips.

"Mane Aaliyah nem got arrested earlier for murder I g two people in a liquor store on Crenshaw." I said. She leaned against the wall with a blank expression.

"You aite?" I asked as I stood up to hold her. I could see her eyes watering up. I just pulled her to the bed and held her.

"We got to go her them Ice." She cried out in my chest.

"Calm down before you have a heart attach Aaron." I whispered in her ear. I know Aaron left me high and dry with a baby but shit I still love her. I mean she my first love. I know you probably thinking that thugs don't love but Aaron different from them regular bitches. I been fucking with Aaron since the 1st grade. That's my baby.

"Come on Ice." She said pulling me up. I grabbed my keys and followed her down the stairs and out the door. The whole drive to LA was quiet. She kicked her feet up and put her beats on.

"You think Aaliyah killed those innocent people?" She asked as she looked over at me.

"I really doubt it." I said shaking my head. We pulled up to the police station. Aaron hopped out so quick she almost fell on her face.

"Baby slow down." I said getting out the car. We met in front of the car.

"Ice what if she killed these innocent people." Aaron said biting her bottom lip nervously.

"Lets go see." I said grabbing her hand and walking into the station. There were police officers walking everywhere. I never thought I would have to come here and get my baby girl. Every since I left her round them fools she been acting different. We walked up to the front desk.

"Do you have a Aaliyah Mathews?" I said. Aaron just stood beside me with a blank expression.

"Wait one second." The woman said getting up.

"Ice will we be able to take her home today?" Aaron asked.

"That depends. I'm sure they questioned them already so we will know." I said nodding my head.

"Come right back." The woman said opening a door. Aaron and I walked in through a long hallway and went to the last room on the left. We walked in and saw Aaliyah, DJ, Justin, James, and Victor sitting in there cuffed. Aaliyah looked up at me with her glossy eyes. Aaron ran over and hugged her.

"Mom in okay." Aaliyah mumbled dryly.

"Aaliyah you ain't kill these folks did you?!" Aaron panicked.

Aaliyah POV

I was so happy to see my folks but my dad looked at me like I was his worst enemy. My mom ran over to me and gave me a big bear hug. I'm guessing she didn't know my hands and legs were cuffed so I couldn't do anything.

"Aaliyah answer the question." My daddy's heavy voice said.

"Naw mane we was getting robbed in the store!" I tried to explain.

"Yea Ice he was fighting DJ and was gone kill him but I killed him before he could do anything." Justin said.

"Y'all all on the news and shit. Mane don't you know that's bad for business young blood?" My daddy said fussing at the boys.

"Daddy don't fuss at them. It was my idea to go on Crenshaw." I said. DJ just hung his head low.

"What you fussing at them for?! It was self defense!" Mom snapped at dad. Suddenly the door swung open and the police officers came and took our cuffs off.

"You all are free to go." One of the officers said. I was so excited. I got to change my ways before I be back in this piece. I threw my Trayvon Martin hoodie hood on and tucked my hands in my pockets. I walked out the station with my head down. Do I look suspicious enough to lock me up that quick like they were gone do? There got to be some type of justice in this hood we call home.

------

I GOT KIND OF EMOTIONAL AT THE END! R.I.P TRAYVON MARTIN. HIS FAMILY IS IN MY PRAYERS!