Chapter 01: Heavy Heart

Third Person's P.O.V

"Naruto! Try to be more careful, will you?!"

"Alright, alright, Sakura-chan. You don't have to worry about me!"

"Pfft! As if I care about you! I have Sasuke to take care of, right, Sasuke-kun?!"

"......."

Team 7 was having their D-rank mission that only required them to fish fishes out of the river which was located on top of a waterfall. Naruto was pretty upset with the lousy mission and also Sasuke, one of his teammates. Sasuke had always defeated him in everything they did. Naruto would always be the one to lose and failed. He started to think that Sasuke was showing off his talents.

Now, Naruto was plotting to collect lot of fishes more than Sasuke. He was determined to win this time. And he thought that if he got this, Sakura will be impressed.

"Wow, there is one big fish over there," Sakura stated while pointing out to the river.

Naruto quickly glanced at the direction and caught sight of the biggest fish he had ever seen in the river. He smirked as he looked at Sasuke who didn't notice anything. He thought, 'Hehehe! This time, I'll get to beat you, Sasuke!'

Naruto rolled up his sleeves. He fixed his gaze on the big fish. Without any hesitation, he jumped into the river. Sakura and Sasuke were surprised at the loud splash sound and looked to see their hyperactive teammate was already in the river.

And once again, Sakura began to yell, "What the hell are you doing, Naruto?! Our mission is to fish fishes, not grab it!"

"Grabbing the fish is much easier than fishing!" Naruto retorted while he swam towards the big fish.

Unexpectedly, the big fish quickly swam away from Naruto as if he sensed something dangerous from him. Naruto was aware of this and he sped up his swimming as well to catch up with it. He shouted, "Hey, wait you-"

"Naruto! Watch out!" Sakura called out.

"Wah?!" Naruto finally realized that he had been swimming towards the end of the river and was very close to the edge of the waterfall.

He quickly forgot everything about the big fish, turned around and swam as fast as he can to get as far away as possible from the edge of the waterfall. But it seemed like the river had become more violent that it slowly pushed him to the edge.

In a matter of seconds, Naruto was helplessly pushed back and fell along with the waterfall. Sakura watched in horror with wide eyes as Sasuke quickly grabbed a rope to save that troublesome boy's butt. Naruto screamed as he fell to the bottom of the waterfall.

Out of the blue, an arrow was shot into the air and flew towards Naruto. Team 7 quickly saw this and all of them thought there was an enemy out there.

Naruto quickly raised his arms up to his face to protect himself. But he felt nothing pierced him. Instead, he was aware that he had stopped falling to the bottom of the waterfall. He felt the cloth part of his orange tracksuit where it covered his right shoulder was stretched upwards too much.

He opened his eyes and looked to the side. The arrow had actually pierced his cloth (where it covered his right shoulder) to the wall of the waterfall. This caused him to stop falling. The massive amount of water from the waterfall relentlessly drenched Naruto.

Team 7 looked at the direction where the arrow came from.

There stood a girl a few meters away from the waterfall. She held a bow in her left hand and an arrow in the other hand. She had black hair that reached her back and a pair of purple eyes. They instantly recognized who it was.