Chapter 07: Ninjas From The Sand

[A few days later...]

Ayuda's P.O.V

"The Chuunin Exam will start next week, so I want you all to improve your skills and your teamwork. Remember, guys, this Chuunin Exam is not exactly easy as you think. There will be some participants who have failed in the previous exams so they have more experiences than you. Do not underestimate any of your opponents. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sensei!"

"Good," Shiori nodded her head to us, "You are dismissed."

Shiori leapt into random direction and vanished from our sights. It looked like she had more duties to do as a Jounin since she dismissed us way too early. Kazuki turned to us with blank face and spoke, "Well, I am going to head home. I'm hungry like a cow."

"What? This early?" Kaito widened his eyes at Kazuki, "There are four more hours before the sun sets and you want to go home?"

"But I'm hungry..." Kazuki's voice trailed away, but then he got all excited when he said, "...and I was told by my mom that she cooked something special for me, so I can't wait any longer!"

Sparks of interest were shimmering in Kaito's eyes while he leaned closer to Kazuki and shouted excitedly, "Special?! Did you say something special?! Cool! Count me in, Kazuki! I'll follow you to your house! Oh, Ayuda-chan! You should come with us as well! His mother is a renowned chef in a restaurant, so her food-!"

"I did say something special, but it's only for me! Don't follow me to my house!"

Kaito ignored him, "Let's go, Ayuda-chan!"

"Are you even listening?!" Kazuki called out furiously.

I smiled warmly at my teammates. Despite having a slightly fit body, Kaito loves to eat very much. He loves everything about food, such as meat, chicken, vegetables and even broccoli. He will surely follow you to your house if there are sets of scrumptious meals at home. Kazuki and I made a nickname for him and that is 'Gluttony Boy'.

"I'm sorry, Kaito, but I would like to train my skills," I replied politely, "I don't want us to fail in the Chuunin Exam."

Kaito and Kazuki turned to me as if realization hit them like bricks falling over their heads. Kazuki scratched the back of his head saying, "Well, yeah, me too. I guess I'll practice my skills too after lunch."

"Yeah, yeah! Then, Ayuda-chan, we'll take our leave then," Kaito mildly nodded his head to me before he grabbed Kazuki's arm and tugged him towards a direction, "Let's go, Kazuki! Food, food!"

"O-oi, Kaito!" Kazuki struggled to pry the boy's fingers off of him, "I am not going to take you to my house! Let go of my hand already!"

I watched their figures slowly fading away into distance. I chuckled when I heard Kazuki's scream. Knowing Kaito, he won't easily let go of that poor boy's arm. Kazuki should've learned his lesson too that he should not mention anything about food in front of Kaito, especially if he has food at home.

I turned around and headed to the streets. When I rounded a corner, I saw a girl with long pink hair, a boy with yellow spiky hair, and three small kids around him. I instantly recognized them as Sakura and Naruto, but not the three kids. I sauntered towards them when Sakura saw me.

Before I could say anything, Sakura already raised her voice at me, "Sasuke's not here! You won't find him here!"

I widened my eyes at this girl as though she had five heads. Why would I want to see him?

"Relax, woman," I said nonchalantly, "I am here without that intention."

Sakura relaxed for a bit while she crossed her arms and arched an eyebrow at me, "So why are you here then?"