Chapter 45: Naruto's Reassurance

Recap:

Locking her gaze on the two cloaked men, she asked, "Are you okay, Yuda-chan, Naruto?"

Naruto wordlessly nodded his head while I answered, "We're fine, Reina-oneesan, but Sasuke..."

I noticed her brown orbs shifting to Sasuke's quivering form for a quick moment before she stared at the said boy's brother. Itachi, as always, remained straight-faced even after seeing Reina's unforeseen arrival. I almost thought he had forgotten her until he uttered her name in acknowledgment of her presence, "Reina."

Reina, wearing a serious look on her face, nodded her head subtly, "Itachi."

***

"Oh? Another reunion?" Kisame looked at Itachi, "Who is she?"

Itachi monotonously answered, "A friend."

"Hmph," Kisame turned his attention to Reina, "Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting now?"

"I had to cut short the meeting. I knew there's something bad going on here... especially after seeing Sasuke running around the streets," my older sister responded with a stern face, "You're here for Naruto, aren't you?"

Kisame smirked, "That's correct. Now it looks like we have to deal with you first before we get our hands on that Jinchuuriki."

Jinchuuriki?

"We should defeat her as quickly as possible before the other guy comes here," said Kisame to his red-eyed partner.

Suddenly, a large puff of smoke erupted behind Naruto, Reina and I. Before the three of us could turn our heads around to take a glimpse at it, a familiar voice resounded through the air, "You two don't know me very well. Jiraiya the man does not allow women to simply seduce him with their beauty."

Oh, he's finally back.

All of us looked to see the white-haired Sannin holding the alluring woman from before on top of his right shoulder and apparently she had fallen unconscious. He then posed dramatically, "When you become great like me, women will go crazy over your own beauty."

Naruto snapped at him, "Yeah, right! You were excited over a simple wink from that woman! I don't think you should be showing off like that right now, Ero-sennin!"

Jiraiya scratched his head with his other free hand and said with a sheepish smile, "Come on now. Don't call me that in front of people."

"So that's how it happened, huh? I told you to take care of these kids, especially Ayuda and you just ran off when a woman winked at you, Ero-sennin?" Reina joined in, crossing her arms over her chest in an irritated manner.

Before Jiraiya could give his response, Naruto pointed his finger at the two cloaked men accusingly, "More importantly, these guys aren't just chumps, Ero-sennin!"

"I agree, Ero-sennin," I butted in.

Naruto called loudly, "Hey, Ero-sennin!"

Jiraiya ended up exclaiming with dramatic anime-tears, "Stop calling me Ero-sennin already!"

I wore a deadpan look afterward, "Is it a good time to make jokes right now?"

Kisame chuckled, "He is the great Jiraiya, who was praised as one of the legendary Sannin, after all. Even if you are an extreme lover of women, I knew that we couldn't hold you off that easily."

"Eeehhh?!" Naruto looked so shocked, "They know Ero-sennin's true identity?!"

Jiraiya looked a little bit flustered, "Well, that's not really my true identity or whatnot..."