Chapter 25: Black Abyss

[The next morning...]

Ayuda's P.O.V

After having my breakfast at home, I set off for the hospital. There were two people I wanted to visit most – Kazuki and Sasuke. I tried visiting them yesterday with Naruto and Kaito, but the nurse told me that they were not in good shapes to have visitors, so we weren't allowed to see them. Kaito and I returned to our own houses while Naruto stayed to search for Kakashi.

"Excuse me..." I spoke to the nurse who looked to be a little preoccupied with the paperwork at the counter. Despite her busyness, she raised her brown eyes to mine and stretched her lips into a smile. I was about to continue speaking when a mousy, feminine voice called me.

"Ayuda-san...?"

I spun around to see Hinata Hyuuga standing two meters away from me. She was in her ninja attire and she looked perfectly fine. No blood, no scratches, no injuries. My rosy lips twitched into a soft smile and I made my way closer to her.

We talked for a while and I found out from her that she has fully recuperated and was discharged from the hospital. She said she had to go since she wanted to watch Shino training with Kurenai and Kiba. She wished me good luck for the Third Exam before she left.

I walked back to the nurse who returned back to her work. When I reached the counter, she once again looked up to me and without any delay, I spoke up, "I want to visit my friends. They are Kazuki Takeda and Sasuke Uchiha."

"Hmm..." the nurse grabbed a notepad with lists of many names and she traced her eyes over them, "it seems like we have to check on Sasuke Uchiha first to know whether he is available for visitors or not. Why don't you visit Kazuki-kun first while I go check on Sasuke? Once you've finished with him, you may come back here and I will tell you if you can visit Sasuke-kun or not."

"That's a good idea," I replied with a smile while in my mind I was thinking, 'I hope Sasuke is in a good shape so I can visit him...'

The nurse then told me the directions to Kazuki's room and I followed the given routes. I pushed open the door to his room and scanned the whole room. There were only wardrobe cabinet, one table, and one bed. The said bed was occupied by one figure that was in sedentary position and it was undoubtedly my blonde-haired teammate, Kazuki. His red eyes locked on mine as his pale lips curved into a smile.

I pulled a chair to sit next to Kazuki's bed and we began our conversation. He informed me that Kaito had visited him quite early in the morning like around 6 a.m. The reason why he's up that early was to spend most of his time practicing his skills for the Third Exam. Kazuki also told me that all of his wounds were now healing at a steady pace and he may be released a week later. Just like Hinata, he wished me good luck for the Third Exam before I left the room.

I exited the room and closed the door gently when I heard loud squeals and hurried footsteps getting louder in each second. Oh shit... it's them!

Without a second thought, I quickly dashed to a different hallway, avoiding the fangirls which were undoubtedly visiting Kazuki. It's not that I was afraid of them. They knew I am Kazuki's teammate and they hated me because of it. They sent me dirty looks whenever they saw me. I'm not in the mood for their shits and I don't want to cause chaos in the hospital.

After making sure that I was safe, I headed back to the counter and I was a little glad to see the same nurse sitting on the counter. If she weren't there, then I had to wait for her. I don't want to waste my time with waiting. I have better things to do like sharpening my archery skills.

"Ah! You're back," the nurse caught sight of me inching closer to her; "You may be able to visit Sasuke-kun since he is in a good condition. However, you are only given five minutes because he is still convalescing. He still needs to stay in bed."