Chapter 09: Sudden Confession

[The day of Chuunin Exam...]

Ayuda's P.O.V

"C to the H to the U to the U to the N to the I to the N! What is it?!"

Kazuki and I deadpanned, "Chuunin."

"That's right!" Kaito gave us a thumb-up and he resumed to lead us to the Academy with me and Kazuki following behind. The two of us exchanged knowing glances.

It goes without saying that Kaito was more anxious than all of us. He admitted to us that he was not ready at all for the Chuunin Exam and only did the last minute preparation yesterday and this early morning. For these past few days, he wasted all of his time curling up in his comfy bed and came out of his house whenever he needed to.

Kazuki and I knew that the reason why Kaito started goofing around and singing out of the blue was to get rid of his worries for the exam which will start an hour later. I started to comfort him so he could at least be at ease during the exam, but Kazuki would summon back all of his concern by teasing him about being too edgy.

Kazuki was all cool and relaxed and I thought that he was well-prepared for the Chuunin Exam. I asked him about it and he proudly bragged that he practiced a lot these past few days. He predicted that he will become a Chuunin when the exam is over. Sometimes, he can be very overconfident and underestimate a lot of things. Shiori, Kaito, and I would tell him to stop being boastful and he responded with an "I'll try".

The three of us arrived at the Academy and we proceeded to make our way deeper into the building. Our destination was room 301. Kazuki and Kaito led the way while I followed behind.

That's when we heard low chattering of a horde of ninjas from different villages. The hallway was almost congested by them and their attentions were fixed on the situation before them. There were two men whose faces I recognized a little bit, but I couldn't put my finger on it. There was one door behind them with [301] sign. Pfft, what a weak genjutsu. This is the second floor so that should've been [201].

We halted and watched the scene from a safe distance. We were intrigued of what happened here.

My eyes widened at the sight of a teenage boy with bushy brows in a green jumpsuit fell to the floor. A girl with brown hair which tied up in two buns rushed to his side and one of the two boys who blocked the door spoke up with a smug look, "You're trying to take the Chuunin Exam with that kind of level?"

The other boy with light voice added, "Maybe you should quit, kids."

"You're still just kids," the other boy with deep voice mocked.

The girl with brown hair began to plead as she walked closer to the two boys, "Please, let us through."

The next thing I knew, the brown-haired girl got punched in the face. Anger boiled deep in my system as hot as lava as I watched her falling to the spot next to her friend. That scene triggered something inside me. How dare they punch a girl!

"How dare they..." I hissed before I furiously strode towards the two boys.

"Ayuda..." Kaito and Kazuki's voices trailed away as I stormed off.

"Hey!" I called out loudly, gaining almost everyone's attentions. The low chattering of the crowd gradually diminished as they watched this turn of events. I stood in front of these two impudent men; behind me were the brown-haired girl and the boy in green jumpsuit. My eyes narrowed into glares, "You don't have to punch people whatever you like, especially a girl! That was too cruel!"

As if they were unfazed by my angry outburst, one of them with the deeper voice mocked calmly, "What did you say? Listen up, we're being kind to you. The Chuunin Exam is extremely difficult."