Chapter 40: His Answer

Ayuda's P.O.V

"Hey, Sasuke, do you have any sharp object?"

"Why would you want to have your hands on it?"

"Just give it to me."

I watched him inserting his hand into his hip pouch and took out a kunai in that brief moment. I have just realized that he still wore his hip pouch and kunai holster around his thigh in spite of the fact that he's currently on a date. Well, that's Sasuke for you. He brings his weapons with him no matter what kind of situation he's in. Always cautious as ever.

He handed the kunai to me with his gaze now locked on me with unconcealed curiosity. I seized it firmly and inched closer to a tree. Bringing the pointed tips to the trunk of the tree, I began carving a few, large words on it meticulously. I moved backward after that, gazing at it in entirety.

The words "Sasuke and Ayuda were here" were engraved neatly on the bark of the tree. I had to admit that the way I carved the words there weren't as elegant as when I wrote down on a piece of paper due to the rough surface of the tree. Even so, the alphabets were still effortlessly easy to be read by anyone else.

"Why did you do that?" inquired the boy behind me. His voice revealed he was plainly confused and curious.

I fixed my eyes on the large words that I just carved as I answered him, "I have my reason."

I did not want to tell him about this habit of mine. I usually do this after I spend a moment that I deem special and precious to me. I would incise the names of those involved with me on somewhere visible so I could always return here one day and reminisce this sweet moment just by glancing at these carved words. This moment is indeed precious to me, but if I divulge Sasuke about this, then he will go all smug and cocky about him slowly winning me over. But... something is missing here.

I asked the onyx-eyed boy without taking my eyes off of the texts, "It looks bland, don't you think?"

Sasuke answered, "It looks good to me already."

"No, no," I denied in a calm demeanor as I took a step closer to the same tree, "some things are missing here... like... this."

I started carving two small chibi characters on the same tree, just beneath the words I previously engraved. The Uchiha queried once again, "What the hell are those?"

A sheepish smile made its way to my lips, "It's us. I drew chibi figures of us."

Sasuke, with an indignant look on his face, advanced closer and pointed at his chibi form, "Why is my hair looks like a duck's butt?"

My right eyebrow rose and a mischievous smile went onto my visage, "Well, your hair literally looks like that."

"No, you moron. My hair is like this," he snatched the kunai from my grip without any roughness which might offend me and started refining his avatar as much as he could.

I dragged my hands to my hips and rolled my eyes with a tiny smile, "Oh you're so full of yourself, aren't you?"

"How about you? I bet you use an expensive shampoo to get that smooth silky hair," he remarked as he turned to my avatar and drew something on top of my character's head. He drew a bottle with small word "shampoo" on it and created "ridiculously pricey" words next to it.

"Hey! That's silly! I just use an ordinary shampoo! And that bottle just ruins my avatar! I'll make you pay, Sasuke!"

The next thing I knew, we were snatching the poor kunai back and forth from one another's grips to engrave hilarious tiny details next to each other's avatars. I created "this boy thinks he's so hot" texts atop of Sasuke's avatar and Sasuke, in return, made "this girl thinks she's perfect" words next to my chibi form.