Chapter 46: Two Things

Recap:

A boyish scream unexpectedly reverberated all over the hallway. I instantly recognized it as Sasuke's voice and threw my gaze back to the two Uchihas.

Itachi had pinned Sasuke on the wall by his throat. The ravenette parted his lips widely, emitting more screams of agony, drowning the reassuring feeling Naruto had put in me.

***

Kisame spoke up, "Being cruel, as usual. He uses Tsukuyomi on his little brother."

Tsukuyomi...?

I took a hasty step forward, preparing to dash towards the guy who held Sasuke by the throat, but I was unfortunately seized by my sister.

"Don't go there, Ayuda! You will get hurt!" Reina told me in a demanding voice.

I snapped, "But Sasuke is the one who is hurt now! We have to help him!"

Suddenly, I was embraced by a pair of slender arms that belonged to Reina. She wrapped her long limbs around my neck from behind and pushed me closer to her chest. She whispered next to my ear with a voice that revealed she was conflicted, "Please, Ayuda, just stay here... for me... and for Sasuke."

"What..." I was cut off by Sasuke's excruciating scream. I apprehensively thought that I would hear more of his screams, but I was proved wrong when I heard nothing afterward. I glanced back at Sasuke who had oddly gone silent.

No... I can't just stand here and watch Itachi torture him. I am... going to do something! But I couldn't do this alone. Plus, there is another person who wants to help him as much as I do.

I spun my head slightly, staring intently at Naruto. The blond boy noticed it and weirdly blinked his eyes at me. I shifted my eyes to the direction where Itachi and Sasuke were located at and returned my gaze back to him in a quick second. Naruto's eyes widened, finally caught on to the hidden message and he nodded with a determined look.

I looked back at Itachi while my right hand moved to my hip pouch. In two seconds, I took out a kunai that was attached to a paper bomb. Without further ado, I hurled the kunai to the one spot on the floor between Kisame and us four.

KABOOM!

White smoke immediately enveloped all of us, except for Itachi and Sasuke. Reina's arms around my neck withdrew that instant and I took that chance to run past Kisame who definitely had his eyesight obscured by the smoke.

I emerged out of the white smoke and zipped straight towards Itachi. Another form came out of the smoke, revealing Naruto who also made a beeline for the Uchiha siblings. The two of us ignored the commotions between Jiraiya, Reina, and Kisame, for our minds and hearts were filled with one purpose – and that was to save Sasuke!

I noticed Itachi spinning his head around, watching us two bolting towards him, when suddenly, our feet were glued to the floor right away, making us incapable of moving our legs. I looked down and was staggered to see my feet being locked in some sort of slimy stuff that I couldn't quite describe. I gasped when I perceived the fact that the entire hallway was now layered by the same reddish gooey thing.

Jiraiya's voice soon filled the still room, "Ninpou Gamaguchi Shibari."

The bright slimy stuff absorbed the unconscious Sasuke inwards and Itachi took his hand back, staring back at Jiraiya who said, "You're out of luck, Itachi, Kisame. You're inside my stomach now. I summoned the esophagus of a gigantic frog from the Myouboku Mountain's rock inn. You two are wanted criminals anyway. I'll turn you two into food for this rock frog."