Chapter 44: Itachi And Kisame

Ayuda's P.O.V

Staring into the eyes of someone who looked a lot like Sasuke was something I never thought of before. Now that I was standing here before him, looking at him with two terrified purple eyes, I couldn't help but freeze on the spot. He oozed the vibe that something harmful was about to happen and that he was stronger than what he looked like. Everything about him told me to run away. But strangely I was incapable of moving, especially after registering the fact that this guy possessed a pair of blazing Sharingan. Seeing this guy here activating those eyes reminded me of the fact that Sasuke was not the only one who had those special eyes

Our eyes locked for what seemed like forever, until I heard a familiar voice cutting through the thick silence, "Ayuda, who is it? Why are you being so quiet all of a sudden?"

It's Naruto. He was totally oblivious to the situation I was in. Maybe it was due to the reason that he could not see this mysterious visitor from his side of view.

I wanted to alert him that someone dangerous was here, but standing in front of this man had already stupefied me to the point I could not speak, and I was pretty sure that he hadn't lifted a single finger yet.

"Ayuda? Are you there?" Naruto's irresolute voice broke the quietude once again, followed by the noise of someone sliding across the bed. The sound of footsteps then filled the room, growing louder and louder in each second. He's coming here...!

"Ayuda, why didn't you-"

His voice, which was sounded directly behind me, halted abruptly. It was then that I knew Naruto had finally landed his gaze on this mysterious man and was caught off guard. The man with the Sharingan before me shifted his eyes to Naruto, eyeing him emotionless and I took that chance to glance at something else.

There was another man standing behind him – a very tall man with unusual blue-grey skin, blue hair, small white eyes, and gill-like facial markings under his eyes. He immediately noticed me staring at him and he grinned, revealing his shark-like teeth, making me horrified.

The Sharingan-eyed man directed his gaze back to me and said with a deep voice, "Let's go outside."

I gulped down a lump in my throat nervously, too frightened to vocalize a reply. The man stepped aside, giving enough space for me and Naruto to walk out of the room. Naruto and I obediently exited the room, fixing our eyes unwaveringly at the two baleful visitors, scared that we might get killed if we carelessly granted them an opening for them to attack.

Now that I got to see the two of them entirely, I finally realized that they were wearing thick black cloak which had red cloud patterns, just like the two mysterious customers I spotted in the dumpling restaurant when Reina and I ran into Kakashi. These guys... why are they here...?

"Hmm... Itachi-san," the blue-skinned man spoke up. I was slightly taken aback when he mentioned the one name that I heard a lot from Reina before. Before I could think more of it, the blue-haired man continued talking, "what should we do about the girl?"

What?

The other man trained his crimson eyes at me, contemplating quietly and it took him a short moment to respond, "She has nothing to do with this."

The blue-skinned man glanced back at me, "Well then... why don't you run for your life now, little girl? This is your opportunity to escape."

They are letting me leave...? And judging the black-haired man's words, that means I am not what they are looking for... but it's Naruto! They are here for Naruto! But why...?

I stole a brief glimpse at the blond boy beside me. He looked beyond frightened. His eyes glued on these two unknown men and his entire body had completely stiffened in fear. He obviously doesn't know these guys so why are they...?