Screaming In The Library [1]

Lexi P.O.V

Chapter one

I ran my fingers through my hair and stared at the shelf in front of me. I loved working in the library but I just couldn't memorize where the books were.

"Lexi!" I hear Marian call me.

"Coming!" I scream back and walk to the counter where she works.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, frowning.

"No sweetie, I just wanted to ask you if you needed help. You didn't seem to happy there." The librarian replies.

"Its fine, just that I can't find the book I'm looking for."

"Okay, just let me know if you need anything." Marian tells me, flashing a smile.

"Yes, thank you!" I thank her and head to shelf number 11.

Looking for the letter A, I feel something touch my arm.

I shiver because of the cold touch and look behind.

"Oh My God, Antonio! You scared the hell out of me!" I shout-whisper to him, placing my hand over my heart

"Sorry! Do you want me to take you home, or are you staying late?" He asks.

"Please take me home, I'm never going to find the book I'm looking for anyways." I sigh loudly.

"What book are you looking for?"

I tell Antonio the book I'm looking for and he nods, searching for it.

"Oh! Its here look!" Antonio says and points to the shelf next to me.

"I've been looking for if for a effing hour and you just come and find it in a freaking minute! How the hell did you find it! I swear I looked in that shelf for like, a hundred thousand times!" Without realizing, I scream instead of whispering.

Everyone looks at me and I blush.

"Let's go Lexi." Antonio says.

I nod and we leave.

When we get to the car, Antonio is laughing because of the scene in the library. I huff, and glare at him; though he just keeps laughing.

Tears in his eyes.

I sit in the car and he starts driving, singing the song in the radio.

"Don't get mad Lexi! I was just kidding!" Antonio tells me and I just nod, looking at the window.

I wasn't mad, it's just that I was tired. It was my second day working here and it wasn't going very well.

"I'm not angry. I'm just that I'm worried everything will go wrong, you know that since my mom passed away we need more money than ever." I tell him and a tear crolls down my cheek.

Antonio squeezes my hand, which calms me down.

"Don't worry, this job is perfect for you. You just have to relax."

I nod and wipe the tears off my face.

"Your dad and mine are going to this baseball game and we could use the boat that he has. Invite the guys and your friends, it will be fun." He suggests.

"Sure! That's good and it will clear my mind." I reply, giving Antonio a small smile; which he returns.

When we get to the front porch of my house, I look at him.

"Are you going to stay for dinner?" I ask him

He shakes his head.

"I can't. But we will see each other tomorrow, okay?"

I nod and we exchange byes.

When I open the door, nobody's home so I directly go up the stairs to get to my room.

After grabbing some pijamas, I turn the shower on.

I sigh and try to relax, the hot water calming me down. I'm so worried that I won't have enough money to pay for the bills. Dad works, but they don't pay him enough. With his money, we pay the groceries. With my money, we pay the bills. I've been working so hard, but when I got fired from a clothes store, everything went down. I was sad because I though I wasn't good enough and dad was angry at me. A month later, I got the job a the library. I started two days ago and I'm really nervous about it. I know that I will do great! I love reading and writing; which is the good part of working around books. But the worst part is that its so silent, and I feel so alone.

I turn the shower off and put my pijamas on.

Twenty minutes later, I'm having dinner in my bed; switching TV channels every two minutes.

At 10:00 P.M, I turn the TV off and close my eyes, drifting in to sleep.

*****************************************************

Hi guys! So I made the chapter longer! I'm now going to edit the next one so keep in touch!!

~Sofi❤️