You Didn't Have To, Reece [22]

Lexi P.O.V.

Chapter 22

Today is Monday, so I wake up at 6:30. I hate Mondays; they are a new begging. I also have a math test and English quiz.

I sigh, stretching my arms and heading to my closet.

I grab a pair of high-wasted jeans and a long sleeve shirt, today is going to be cold.

I enter the shower and close my eyes, letting the hot water hit my face.

What will happen when I see Reece?

When I come out, I dress as fast as I can and skip breakfast, running to my car.

I drive slowly, not wanting to get to school. I wish time could freeze... I would stay in my car, with my music and the cold of winter. I would be alone, just another old soul.

But that ain't happening Sherlock! Cause I'm already in the school's parking lot. So ya...

I groan when I realize I have three minutes to get to class and run.

I start heading to my locker when someone bumps into me.

"I'm so sorry" The girl apologizes and starts grabing her books.

"It's fine" I reply, helping her with the mess that's in the floor.

"You're Lexi, right?" She asks and I nod, looking at her. She's really pretty. Her wavy hair falls to her arms.

"I'm Salome, but you can call me Salo. We are in the same Science class. I met April in a party some weeks ago, she's so nice!" Salo tells me.

"Yeah. You can sit in lunch with us if you want" I offer and she squeals.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou" Salome screams and I nod.

"Gotta go Salo. See you at lunch" We exchange goodbyes and I head to Math, where Heather and Reece are too.

I sigh before entering the classroom.

When I step in the classroom, I notice Heather chewing her gum, smirking. Reece is staring at me like I'm the last piece of cake, it's creepy but cute. I send him a smile.

"Ms.Collins! You are late. Detention after school!" Mr. Smith shouts and I furrow my eyebrows.

The class passes fast and I barely pay attention. I can't believe I have a detention, this is going to ruin my records! Oh my god...

I feel my breathing get heavy and My body shaken.

The bell rings, indicating that it's time to go to lunch. I sigh in relief and walk to the cafeteria.

When I get there Valentina, Tess, April, Salome, Reece, Ian, Antonio and Tyler are chattering and laughing.

"Hey guys" I greet, sitting next to Reece because it's the only seat left.

He smiles at me and I flash a smile back.

"Guys, we should do a sleepover!" Tess shouts and everyone agrees.

"When?" I ask bitting my apple.

"Tomorrow" Tess replies.

"But it's a school night" April says

"That's better! We get to my house after school, we watch movies and then we sleep. When we wake up, we head to school together in the guys' cars" Tess explains and I nod.