Awkward Tensions [18]

Lexi P.O.V.

Chapter 18

When we get to my house, Reece sits on the bed and I do, too. There is this awkward silence every two minutes that fills the air.

What are we?! Are we a couple?! Just friends?!

I don't know why he doesn't say anything about the kiss, he only asked why I ran away and I gave him the answer. He doesn't ask or tell anything else.

I sigh and realize that Reece notices.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing" I reply.

He shakes his head and rests his hand in my shoulder

"You know you can tell me, right?" He tells me and his eyes flash with care and I notice he's worried.

I nod, looking into his warm, beautiful brown eyes.

"Are you gonna tell me?!" He asks impatiently and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry but I can't say it" I feel a tear roll my cheek and Reece wipes it away.

I can't tell him that I'm in love with him, he will think I'm crazy. Maybe he has feelings for me, but not how I have for him. I want to know what he feels for me, how he feels; but I just can't ask. And the worst, he doesn't ask me either.

"Don't cry..." He caresses my cheek and I look down.

I look at his lips and lean in, I see him leaning in too.

Our lips are almost brushing and his phone rings.

Are you effing kidding me! I can't believe I got interrupted by a phone!! Is Zac Efron going to come by the door right now or something! This is so chessy! Who gets interrupted by a phone in real life, that is so movie-like.

Reece grabs the phone and answers.

"What?" He asks annoyingly on the phone.

His answers are all 'yes', 'no' and 'ok'. I notice he is worried, I can read his face easily. His face is red and his eyebrows are furrowed. I can notice he is angry and worried, but what is making him like that?!

He hangs up and looks at me.

"I really have to go, Lex" Reece says and I nod; Looking away.

"Please don't get mad, I don't want to leave but this is really important." He explains and I just shake my head, meaning for him not to worry. I'm really sad though, I can't even talk to him. I can feel my eyes water but I just take my tears back.

"Please say something" He begs.

"Bye" I breathe out, I notice my voice crack but just ignore it and Reece leaves, closing the door behind him.

I sob, I can't believe it! A month before, I didn't even think that this bad boy would ever be in my life or look at me. Now I'm in love with him, which is what hurts the most.

My day passes by easily. It's friday, so I can watch movies and eat ice cream; which actually makes me feel better.

Zach gets home arround eight o' clock and nocks on my bedroom door.

"Lexi, can I come in?!" He asks and I reply with a 'yes'.

"What's wrong?" He asks again, noticing I have tears in my face, puffy eyes and Ice cream in my hand.

Why has everyone asked me 'what's wrong' today!! It seems like the freaking question that determines your life, though they are just two words.

I sob and pulls me into a tight hug.

"He left and I-I.." I don't get to finish the sentence, I can't.

"Shhhh" Zach rubs my back gently and leaves the embrace, laying down next to me.

"Calm down. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"Yea" I reply, wiping my tears away. What are brothers for if you don't tell them everything that happens?

I tell him everything that happened. The night at the part where Reece and I kissed, when I ran away, when Reece took me home. That we ignored eachother all week. That I offered him to study in my house today. The awkward tension, that we almost kissed. That he left. Everything.

And it hurts. So much. Zach huggs me and nods every some minutes, though it doesn't make me feel any better.

I hear my phone ring and I grab it, looking at the caller I.D.

It's Reece.

I don't answer, I ignore the call.

I'm not in the mood to talk, it will make everything worst if he hears me crying.

"Why the fuck didn't you answer?!" Zach screams at me.

"I'm not in the mood" I snap and he leaves the room, slamming the door.

Is anyone else getting angry at me tonight!? Please give me a warning next time, ya know, so I can sort of like, PREPARE MYSELF!

I groan and put Twilight on, my favorite movie.

I love it. Edward is so cold hearted and moody. He doesn't love anyone and just likes to be alone. A loner for ever.

And Bella is so normal and clitché. She does not like anyone and hasn't experienced love in any way. I wish I could be like her.

I cry when the movie finishes and nock on Zach's door.

"Come in" He shouts and I open the door.

"Im so sorry" I apologize and give him a warm hug, which he returns back.

We stay like that for a few minutes.

"I'm gonna go to bed now" I tell him and he nods.

When I'm about to shut his door I hear him call for me.

"Yes?!" I ask

"I'm having a party tomorrow here!" He tells me and I groan.

He just came back to his normal self.