Time For Confessions [17]

Reece P.O.V.

Chapter 17

A week has passed since the party. And it's been horrible. Lexi ignores me, all the time! She doesn't talk to me or even look at me. It seems like everything is back to normal; which I don't like. When I started studying with Lexi, everything changed. I felt so good, I felt like when my dad was alive.

I wish Lexi would talk to me, or even look at me. I miss her smile, her stupid jokes and when she rolled her eyes...

I love her.

What I feel for her is inexplicable. I can't even look at her in the eye without melting. I know it's cheesy, but true.

And when she was scared of the motorcycle, she used to hug me and I would smile like an Idiot. And now, I don't even smirk.

I sigh, and close my eyes; falling into sleep.

*****************Morning***************************

When I wake up, I instantly take a shower. After that, i put some jeans and a white shirt on.

I get downstairs and don't even bother to eat breakfast; I'm not hungry. I grab my bike's keys and go to school.

When I get there, everyone is staring at me. Most of the people that were at the party last week studied in this school, so everyone saw or knows about the kiss.

Why did she had to go away?!

Lexi's face distracts me from my thoughts. She looks beautiful but I can notice bags under her eyes and she looks pale.

She blushes, realizing that I'm staring at her; She looks down.

It has been the same for the past week. We look at eachother, she blushes. End of story. No talking, no smiling.

But this time I see her heading towards me.

"Um... Do you want to study in my house today?" Lexi mummbles

"Yea" I breathe out

She nods and goes to class, leaving me all alone.

I high five myself and head to Science, smiling like an idiot.

**********************Lunch************************

When I get to the cafeteria, every eye is watching my movements. I look at Lexi's table, her friends are talking and laughing, but she isn't.

I get there and sit next to Lexi; she widenes her eyes and chockes on her water.

"Can I sit with you guys?" I ask and everyone nods.

April, Tess and Antonio keep talking but Lexi doesn't do anything at all. She just plays with her food.

"Why aren't you eating?" I ask dryly.

I'm still angry at her. Why did she have to leave like that!?

"Why do you care?" She answers.

"Because I do. Did you even sleep?!"

Lexi shakes her head, meaning she didn't.

"Why?" I ask

She just shrugs and looks down.

"Why are you ignoring me!? I didn't do anything to you!" I tell her and she looks at me in the eye; glaring.

"Why don't you ask that to Heather!" She shouts at me and stands up; leaving the table.

I follow her but she just walks faster. We are now in the hallway.

"what are you talking about?" I ask her and she just sobs, a tear crolling down her cheek.

"I didn't dance with Heather because I wanted to!! We were playing truth or dare after you left and that was my dare. Do you think I would do that to you?!" I scream at her this time and she cries even more, sitting on the floor and hugging her knees to her chest. I sit in front of her, wiping her tears off.

"I would never do that to you" I say and she just nods.

"Never" I whisper in her ear.

"Why did you run away?!" I ask and lift her chin up.

"I- I... I'm afraid" She responds.

"Of what? I would never hurt you" I tell her

"I know. I'm afraid to lose you" Lexi explains and I interwine our hands.

"I'm never going to leave you."

"My mom said the same but she died seven years ago, when I was ten." She tells me and sobs.

"I'm never going to go away... For now." I give her a small smile and she returns it.

The most beautiful smile I have ever seen.