SEVEN

PUGNA CLAVA

-----------------------------------------------------

FIGHT CLUB

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Of course we've been waiting for this for a long time." Julian cocked an eyebrow.

"What if I hate it? Will you stop and comfort me?" I bit my lip.

"Of course baby love, don't be such a pussy." He rolled his eyes at me; most likely irritatedly, but I just ignored him.

I nodded in response as I tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear and prepped myself for what was coming next. I wasn't ready at all, but I just pushed my thoughts to the side and decided just to let it go.

I leaned over while I bent my knees slowly, letting the cool November air fully engulf me. I started out in a slow 's' formation, gradually making my turns sharper and increasing my speed a little more. I couldn't believe I was actually doing it; boarding on a double black diamond without Agnes.

Not that I wanted to her to come, I just felt a little more comfortable when I knew someone was around to break my fall if I needed it.

Julian, I and the rest of the crew had been out all morning hitting the fresh powdery slopes before anyone else could and it felt great; out on the slopes with the fresh smell of pine lingering in the air was the best thing Utah had to offer me, so far.

"You wanna grab some lunch after this?" Angelo broke the silence, glancing between Julian and I.

"Sounds good mate."

"I'm cool with that." I nodded in assurance as I kept my eyes on the path in front of me. Even though I had been snowboarding all my life, now would not be a good time to fall.

Angelo shot me a quick smile before he took off ahead of us on his skis doing all of these crazy tricks one could only dream of learning. I hate to admit it, but the kid was the best skier I had ever laid my eyes on and I hated skiers more than I hated Agnes.

Some of them were alright, but the majority of them seemed to bitch and moan about snowboarders, yet they continued to show up at predominantly boarder resorts, how ironic.

I shook my head lightly, clearing my mind of all those thoughts about skiers as I neared the end of the mountain. Julian was right behind me while Cheryl and Blake were back somewhere near the top of the mountain and Penny and Angelo were already down at the bottom awaiting the rest of our arrival.

To say the least; Penny, Cheryl and I weren't really on speaking terms. They were aware I was still holding a grudge and I made it very clear to them by ignoring every text, call or invite Julian passed along to me.

It was awkward to be around them and all the rest of the boys since none of them really knew what the beef was about, but I made the best of it and just pretended to be happy and fake.

Once Julian and I both made it down the mountain we both made an abrupt shift on our boards and sat down on the cold snow to unstrap our feet while Angelo and Penny walked towards us.

Cheryl and Blake were the last ones down because Cheryl was scared and clung to Blake every second of the way. Blake— who looked annoyed had gotten this bright idea to take his girlfriend on this giant mountain (knowing she had just barely mastered medium level snowboarding) and "teach her" how to board a double black diamond, but in the end I think he finally learned that it wasn't a good idea.

Inside the cafeteria it was practically dead, it was barely noon and people were just hitting the slopes which meant the cafeteria was all ours for the time being.