FOURTEEN

NOCTIS

-----------------------------------------------------

MIDNIGHT

The ceremony didn't go on too much longer after Julian's sudden outburst, it actually ended faster than I originally anticipated. Diana Schultz and Andrew Briars were the last to go and when they finished everyone was dismissed for the rest of the day.

My friends were excited for this since they really wanted to go somewhere special with their boyfriends, but I really wasn't. I didn't want to go anywhere, I just wanted to take a shower and eat ice cream by myself for the rest of the night because of how fast my life was moving. It was like I could barely keep up with it.

"Are you doing anything tonight Frannie?" Penny spoke up, snapping me out of the overbearing thoughts that were clouding my mind.

"I'll probably take a four hour shower and then do some homework, why?" I glanced over at her as we all exited the cathedral, Cheryl and Blake both following closely behind us.

"You should come with us to the skating rink and the arcade tonight. It'll be fun!" Penny assured me, Angelo nodding in agreement as well.

"Maybe next time guys. I've got things to catch up on." I smiled lightly at my friends even though they looked sad. I was hoping my smile would ease the situation, but it only made it worse.

"Please." Cheryl gave me her famous puppy dog eyes.

"I promise I'll go with you guys to wherever you want to go next time. Just not this time."

"Fine," Penny sighed in defeat, "we'll catch you later then yeah?"

"Of course." I nodded.

"Alright well, we'll see you later then." Cheryl gave me one last smile before Blake, her and the rest of the group departed from me.

I could tell just by their faces that they were all disappointed, even the boys; and it made me feel sad. I mean I didn't ditch them purposely or anything, I just felt overwhelmed and I needed more time to think. . . about everything.

I sighed lowly, wrapping my hands around my arms due to the chilliness in the air. The weather had been changing drastically over the past few days; from cold to warm back to cold, but today was different. It was colder than usual so winter must've been well on its way after a late start this season.

I walked around the back of the school, past the gardens, to avoid the large crowd that was heading towards the double doors in front of the school. It was a longer process, but I eventually made it without dying.

Just as I was about to walk up the steps and open the door something seemed to pull me back, right into the secluded part of the walkway. The hand was warm, but the rings wrapped around the fingers were cold and I knew only one person who wore rings throughout the year.

Julian.

Turning around, I looked him dead in the eyes, mustering up the best glare I could possibly deliver even though he was unabashed by it. He looked pleased with it to be honest.

"I knew I smelled a rat." I snarled as I tried hard to remove his hand from my wrist.

"A rat you gave head to multiple times," he chuckled nefariously, "anyway, sweetheart we've got some things to talk about."

"I don't have anything I'd like to talk to you about." I was starting to get angry now.

"Who's your boyfriend huh?" His hot breath fanned against my face, contrasting with the cool air that surrounded us.