FIFTEEN

SPURCUS

-----------------------------------------------------

DIRTY

Two days

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Two days.

Two days had passed since the surprise visit from Julian and I still wasn't feeling much better about myself. I put on a show for everyone around me of course, but didn't dare open up to anyone about it. Not Agnes, not Penny, not Cheryl and definitely not Jason, even though I had cried on his shoulder just three nights ago.

Not that I didn't trust him because I did. I just didn't want to open up another can of worms, especially while Pope Francis was visiting us.

Jason didn't seem as happy as he usually did either and that may have been because Headmaster James always had him doing something for the Pope or hanging out with him to keep him company. Jason couldn't refuse it either, he had to do it or he'd be fired.

I missed him a lot though. I'd never admit it, but I did.

***

Just ten more minutes. I reminded myself against, trying hard to keep myself focused on the book in front of me. It was the last period of the day on a Friday afternoon which made it harder to concentrate on the math problems Ms. Lopes had assigned for the day. I finished most of them, but now I was tired of them and my brain hurt.

I was pretty good at math, it came naturally for me. I guess I had gotten the ability from my dad since he was an architect for a long time, lucky for me because the rest of my peers seemed to suffer with the subject—like Cheryl and Penny.

Cheryl was okay at math, but she struggled a lot with it. She was more into science like Penny except she liked English more. Penny always talked about becoming a writer and publishing books of her own one day, it was a dream of hers.

Everyone had dreams and goals after high school, except me. I was just this little lost child trying to figure out my life and what life truly meant. Mom always said life was what you make out of it and my dad always said money could only make a girl happy and that was basically all they ever said about life.

My dad was a greedy son of a bitch and my mom was a kind soul, it was almost like she was blind to all the bad around her. She was always so positive about everything and it was annoying. She just wasn't realistic.

The bell chimed in my ear just as I shut my book, alerting me the class was over. I shoved my book in my backpack, grabbing it afterwards and heading for the door so I wouldn't get stuck in the group of girls who usually clogged up the hallways.

I made my way down the stairs from the fourth floor to the second and walked down the silent hallway to my dorm, pulling out my key as I did so. I peered behind my shoulder as a precaution before opening my door and entering the extremely clean room—Agnes must've called the maids this morning after I left.