NINETEEN

MEI ESTIS?

-----------------------------------------------------

R U MINE?

PART FOUR

Christmas day, synonymous with hell.

Jason had woken me up extra early this morning just for the fact we both had presents to open. I didn't even have time to wash my face or brush my teeth, he literally scooped me up and ran down the steps. I was surprised he didn't fall.

He made me open mine first before I could protest against it—so I opened all of them—one by one. Jason had gotten me a $50 Sephora gift card, a $75 gift card to Victoria's Secret and a pair of fuzzy socks that had Sully from Monster's Inc. on them.

I speechless at first. I couldn't believe he spent over a hundred dollars on me when it wasn't necessary. I didn't need expensive gifts from him (no matter how much I loved them) this trip was already gift in itself; especially since he was here to share it with me. He was just so thoughtful and kind and observant—I didn't even know he knew I liked Monsters Inc. Somebody must to have told him Sully was my favorite fictional character, and it wasn't my friends because they didn't even know that about me.

I smiled at all he had given me, deciding a "thank you," wouldn't suffice, but a hug and a kiss would. He obviously appreciated it because when we pulled away he acted as if he didn't want to.

"I wonder what's in the box." He said. An evil smirk playing on his lips.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. Although I did know what was in the box and I knew he was going to love the first present. Maybe not the others, but definitely the first gift.

Jason's fingers found the edges of the wrapping paper on small box and immediately ripped it open, also tearing the carton open as he did so. He was smiling at first, but his smile couldn't even compare to the glimmer of excitement in his eyes when he saw the medium-sized, gold encrusted apple watch encased in the lovely blue velvet box.

He was speechless too.

"I-I. . . ." He stuttered out. His brightened facial expression was falling by the minute, "Mary I can't take this."

"What do you mean you can't take it?" I frowned. "I bought it for you. It even has an engraving of your name on the back of it."

"How did you get this? Did your father buy it for me?" His curious eyes wandered over the gift. I could tell he wanted to keep it, but he kept overthinking the whole thing.

"Every time I bring home an 'A' on my report card my dad gives me $25,000 and I get extra money from my parent's every month because—well that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you're keeping it."

"I don't want you to spend your money on me. You should be spending it on yourself." He frowned.

"If you don't keep it I'll cry." I puffed my cheeks out, acting as if I was going to shed a tear at any given moment.

"I'll get you a bucket." He teased.

"You're going to keep that damn watch Jason."

"And what if I don't?"

"I-I'll never have sex with you again." I smirked at him.

"You wouldn't dare!" He looked shocked. Too bad I wasn't kidding.

"Oh I would Father McCann, I would."

"Fine. I'll keep it." He grumbled under his breath. I was relieved he finally gave in.