TWELVE

PRAEMONITUM

-----------------------------------------------------

WARNING

I swallowed roughly as the name replayed in mind unrelentingly. Pope Francis, the leader of the Catholic Church was coming to visit our shitty school and shake hands with the head priest who is having sexual relations with a student.

Great, life just can't get any better!

"Did you eat anything this morning Frannie? Breakfast is over but if you didn't have anything I'm sure I could convince one of the lunch ladies to bring you something. . ." Ms. Lopes rambled on.

"No thanks I'm fine." I assured her with a smile as we got closer to my dorm.

Ms. Lopes was my favorite teacher at the school because she was extremely nice and caring and would listen to anyone without judging them. Her and I had a mutualistic relationship, I was her favorite student which was kind of ironic since I was well known for being a troublemaker, but I suppose she didn't care.

"I'll see you at lunch." Ms. Lopes waved kindly to me, going about her business after she successfully walked me back to my dorm like Headmaster James asked.

I pulled out my key and unlocked the door, ready to pass out on my bed due to sore muscles and a mild headache that was developing into a migraine from lack of food. I couldn't have cared less about anything; that is until I walked inside the dorm and saw exactly what I didn't want to see.

"Agnes, baby it feels so good. Please don't stop!" Zavrina begged, eyes shut tight and mouth wide open.

I had walked in on a fuckfest.

"Tell me how I make you feel," Agnes groaned, sweat glistening off her naked body as her fingers played in Zav's pussy.

"Yes, fuck-" Zav opened her eyes, only to be faced to face with my own. She was  completely mortified

"Agnes stop!" Zav cried.

"What do you mean stop you like thi-"

"Your sister is back." She blurted out.

Agnes turned back to face me, her perky boobs bouncing slightly as she did while Zav covered herself with a blanket. Agnes' face said it all, embarrassed and scared.

"Frannie please don't tell anyone, please don't say anything." She begged, gulping nervously.

I couldn't even open my mouth to speak because I was shocked. I always knew Agnes was a closet lesbian, but I never knew she was getting it in with Zav or possibly dating her?

"I-I'll be back l-later," I turned away quickly, opening up the door and running out of the room as fast as I could.

I didn't know where I was going and I honestly didn't care. I just wanted to be alone and have some time to think about things; without Cheryl or anyone else following me.

Girls of all grades were staring at me as I bolted through the halls and down the stairways. Acting like I was a madwoman or something (which I probably seemed like at that time, but that wasn't the point.)

Eventually I ran out of breath and found myself in the school gardens. I wasn't meaning to be here or even thinking about coming here, but somehow my feet led me here and there was no escaping the beautiful scenery. The flowers were breathtaking—flowers of all sorts resting in the maze-like garden.

I'd never been here before, but I had heard tons of things about the gardens and that it was a "must see," according to Cheryl who told me that her and Blake had fucked here quite often.

My eyes scanned over the abundant amount of purple lilacs engulfing me in every way. They were so small and delicate, but so very beautiful and wondrous at the same time and I kind of wondered how that could be.

Venturing in deeper inside of the maze I noticed the different assortment of lilacs and other flowers had turned to white roses, tons of them filling the bushes beside me and even in front of me before I came to a halt at what I assumed to be the middle of the garden.

"Lovely aren't they?" A voice called out, "Absolutely ravishing." It finished.

Once the voice spoke again I automatically knew who it was, the tone was recognizable and so was the mischievous grin that popped out from behind the bushes.

"Headmaster." I curtsied.

"No need for that Ms. Winters. Treat me as you would Father McCann." He said with a shake of his head, examining the colorless roses that rested next to him.

"I didn't know you were here. You scared me." I flashed him a believable smile while I mentally stabbed myself in the eye.

Personally, I didn't know much about Headmaster James. He was very obscure, but that didn't stop the theories about him and the gruesome horror stories from spreading around the school.

All I knew was that he wasn't one to piss off.

"I come to the gardens every Sunday to admire my special collection of white roses." He chuckled, "I planted them myself awhile ago."

"They're very beautiful sir." I tried to say as respectfully as I could, "I should go now, I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"No, no, that won't be necessary. I don't get much company, but I've heard you were quite the charmer."

I gulped, stammering over my words; "Don't know where you've heard that, but it's a nice compliment I'm actually very bor-" I cut myself off.

I was never nervous, always confident. I always spoke up and never cowered under anyone because that was just my personality, not even authority figures, but something about Headmaster James just rubbed me the wrong way and the guilt from my encounters with Jason weren't exactly easing the situation.

"You know what you remind me of Ms. Winters?"

"I'm not sure sir." I shook my head.

"A white rose." He said, continuing to wander about the side of the garden keeping his eyes on the roses.

"Why?" I asked calmly as I struggled to keep my jittery fingers behind my back.

"A white rose represents purity, beauty, grace and youthfulness. All of your characteristics." He paused. "They are the equivalent to the white swan. Very beautiful and very naive. The white swan is delicate and careful about her moves whereas everyone around her is careless. She is the complete opposite of her sister the black swan—who is sensual and seductive. The white swan promises to never be like her, but sometimes it only take a bit of darkness to corrupt her."

His words cut like a knife and left me speechless and a bit shocked.

He smiled crookedly, that sickeningly sweet smile he always seemed to have around me. His body posture was stiff and stern as he admired the small rose in his hand.

"Don't be fooled," and with that he vanished into maze.

***

The rest of the day came to an end rapidly and day turned to dusk. Agnes wasn't here with me in the dorm. It was only myself, my thoughts and an empty bed. I couldn't focus on sleeping because I was focused on other things, like the warning Headmaster James left me with.

I believe he had a hunch about what terrible deeds Jason and I had committed, but the question was why he was allowing it to go on? Maybe he wanted me to sell myself out or snitch on Jason or maybe he was talking about something completely different. . . .

All I knew is that he couldn't be trusted.

-

hey fam it's been a minute!
im back from my well deserved break with new shit ;;;)
so yeah...any thoughts so far?