Chapter 2: Welcome to Matiol

*** Diamond's POV ***

As we're heading towards the village, we saw a sign that said 'Matiol'. This is our stop, we soon would go and 'sight-see' the village so we won't get lost here. But, Frost would occasionally wander off and I have to get him back so he won't get lost. As we wander the village, we discovered an inn and head towards it. When we opened the door to the inn, there was the receptionist who is a fox that is doing paper work on his desk and we approached him. As we approach him, his ears twitch and lift his head up, pausing on whatever he is doing. He then said, "Oh, hello there! Come to book a room I assume?"I replied him with a nod. "Well, unfortunately....we only have 1 room that is available..." He said to us with disappointment.

"How is that a bad thing?" Frost asked the fox.

The receptionist then took a deep breath and said, "Well.....you see....the room only has a single bed. Not only that, its size may not fit you two side by side, we could bring you a sofa...but all the couches and sofas will be used for a wedding at the hall tonight...so sorry for the inconvenience." The fox then bowed his head after bringing the bad news to us.

I looked at Frost with a quizzical look, he understood what I was thinking and nods his head. "We'll take it." I said to the fox.

The receptionist looked shocked and stuttered "U-u-umm, I-I'm no-not s-sure y-you li-listened cl-clearly.."

I cocked one of my eyebrows and said to him "We heard you just fine, we'll take the room."

The fox, still puzzled, questioned me again "Are you sure?".

Just when I was about to reply, my twin cut me off "We'll be fine, we've done stuff like this all the time" Frost said in a cheerful voice.

The fox blushed at the sudden reply, and gave me the key to the room and said "Your room is on the second floor to your left." I forced myself to smile and thanked him. 

When we walked the stairs to our room, I looked at Frost and gave him a bored expression. He looked back and me and asked "What? All I said was that we always do things like this all the time."

I sighed and said "Most people would take it the wrong way. Next time, let me do the talking." My brother just opened his mouth to retort me but closed it instead. A few minutes have past, and we finally reached our room. I used the key that the fox gave to me and instantly turn the knob of the wooden door and swung it open. "I can see what he meant." I said while inspecting the room. The room was, how to say....decent? It only had a single bed and its not even king or at least queen sized to accommodate for the both of us. It is a room for only one person. But, on the plus side, when we open the bathroom door, I was a bit amazed of what it has. The bathroom got a shower, a bathtub, a sink and a toilet bowl.  

Frost then commented about the bathroom "Well, it isn't as bad as I thought. The bathroom looks pretty decent."

I agreed on his comment and said to him "I'm going to take a shower, while I'm at it, might as well wash our clothes."

He just replied with a nod and we both grabbed a towel each then we began to strip our clothes. {I totally did not intentionally do this cause of fan service, I just ran out of ideas ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°  ) } I unbuttoned my shirt and undo the shirt from my body. I put away my rapier to the side of the bed where the weapons stand is located. I started to unbuckle my belt and pull down the zipper of my pants and pull them down. I instantly wrap my lower half with the towel and fold it so it won't fall down. After all of my clothing are undone, I turned to see Frost already has a towel wrapped around him with his clothes on his left forearm. I took his clothes and proceed my way into the bathroom. In there, I looked at the hanged mirror above the sink and admire my own toned body. Under the sink, I saw a medium-sized pail and a coir brush. I grabbed the pail stuff the clothes inside and place it under the tap of the bathtub and fill it with water, soaking the clothes to remove the dirt. I got into the shower and turn in the hot water, letting the lukewarm droplets run through my fur.