Chapter 10: Team Bonding

***Kandre's POV***

I woke up to the feeling of pain all over my body. I managed to sit myself up and inspect my surroundings. 'Damn, I'm in the bar? What happened?' The last thing I remembered was that I punched Dreyus, the entire bar began to rough housed and here I am now, with a couple of random furs laying unconscious on the floor, possibly from yesterday.

When I was about to get up, I heard a loud groan behind me. My ears turned towards the sound as well as my head. The groan was coming from a large crocodile who goes by the name Dreyus. He was rubbing his head while trying to sit back up. I pouted, disappointed that he's not dead. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sadist or anything... It's just that with Dreyus out of the picture, Frost's in for the taking.

"Ugh, fuck....what the hell just happen?" Dreyus spoke groggily, feeling a bit sober from the beer he had yesterday.

Just as I lifted my muzzle to speak, someone else answered his question "Ugghhh, no idea...but whatever it is, my body is aching all over"

My head now turned to the anonymous voice. Turns out, it was the fox that sat right beside Dreyus yesterday and boy, he packs a punch. "Well, looks like some people have woke up. So, how are you guys feeling?" Another voice asked.

All three of us focused on our attention at the fennec who's on the counter, wiping a glass mug. Dreyus then spoke up first "Hey shorty. So, care to tell us what happened last night?"

The fennec grumbled and explained to Dreyus "Well, for starters, that husky over there punched you after you 'propose' to some black and blue wolf. The whole bar went crazy and cause a ruckus. There were a few broken chairs and tables but luckily the rest of the bar managed to survive, then all of you passed out"

After the explanation, Dreyus then shot a glare at me that would send shivers down a person's spine which, in turn I followed suit by glaring back at him. The glare lasted about 30 seconds until a certain fox cleared his throat.

***Edrune's POV***

I felt tension rising up around the atmosphere between those two. I haven't gotten a clue on why they're staring at each other like they were sworn enemies but I had to do something to break it. I intentionally cleared my throat to get their attention thus, succeeding. Once I caught their attention, I turned my head to the husky and introduced myself "I believe we haven't been introduced properly" I walked up to him, my body feeling a stinging sensation all over and raised my paw for a shake "Im Edrune Wakested, you can call me Edrune"

He hesitantly took my paw and gave a firm shake while replying "Kandre Blaze, call me Kandre if you would" He then lets go of my paw and stared at Dreyus again.

I nodded in response while thinking of a way to distract them from causing any more damage to the bar "Sooo, is Dreyus your friend or something? haha..."

He didn't even look at me. Instead, he squinted his eyes while muttering a few words "Sure......friends....guess you can say that right Dreyus?" he forced a smile at the crocodile.

Dreyus gritted his teeth and formed a smile while he uttered a sentence "Yeah, we totally get along with each other like cats and dogs"

I sighed internally at my futile attempt to break the ice only to make it far more worse than before. Suddenly, the front door was opened only to reveal Diamond and his twin, Frost. I felt a sigh of relief escaped my mouth.

***Diamond's POV***

When me and Frost went inside the bar, I instantly notice Kandre and Dreyus glaring at each other like they were bound enemies. Then I turn my head towards Edrune, standing on the two's crossfire, waiting there awkwardly. I sighed out of and rubbed the bridge of my nose, clearly fed up between those two arguing. I glanced at Frost, his face with plastered with worry. I took in a hefty amount of air and spoke sternly "Alright listen up!" Their attentions now facing me, "There's a tournament lying about in three days from now during the festival and I want you two to participate in it. I'm getting real tired of your constant arguments and this might be able to help a little with our teamwork and trust"