Chapter 19: Kandre's Deal

***Diamond's POV***

Days had past since the festival had started. We fought with all our might in the tournament for the past four days. Tomorrow, the time will finally come for the semi-finals and the final round of the competition to commence. Frost, Kandre, Dreyus and I made it after the quarter finals as well as Fafnir and Sigurd. Our party in addition with Fafnir and Sigurd decided to celebrate at the bar for making thus far into the tournament. As anticipated, the bar's atmosphere was lively as usual, filling the place with laughter, conversations and cheers. At our table is no different either. Kandre, Dreyus and Edrune went overboard with the beer and chugged several mugs worth of alcohol each to see who has the highest alcohol tolerance. Frost and Fafnir stood there beside them as the judges, nervously laughing at the three stooges since they were dragged against their will. Sigurd and I? We spectated the scene and comment on the three's foolish actions. "Does this happen all the time? How do you even put up with them Diamond?" The dragon smirked whilst taking a swig from his mug.

I shook my head and chuckled, gulping my mug and wiped my mouth with my arm "Initially, it was just me and Frost, we met the other's during our adventure. Truth be told, the group was formed in a months notice. There were hardships at first, especially between Dreyus and Kandre. They were at each other's throats just because they were fighting over my brother"

A whole hearted laugh escaped from the dragon's mouth "I'm surprised that you didn't rip their throats out first. If Fafnir was in that position, I know I would do that to them" He then looked at the husky for a brief moment before turning his attention back to me.

"I was at first, but seeing him happy with them, I decided to loosen the tie by a bit" I explained before finishing down my drink.

"I see. Gotta look after them am I right? By the way, the second last round starts in two days, I'll look forward to see you and Frost go head to head with me and my brother"

I gave the dragon a condescending smirk "Hmph, as do I" We both then looked into each other's eyes with pure determination and conjoined our forearms together as a symbol of comradery. Laughter came out between us after we separate, and a moment of silence came over once the laughing dies down.

A sudden tap on my shoulders interrupted me and my head spun around to focus my attention towards the person. Raising my eyebrows, I gave Frost a quizzical look as Kandre was hanging unconscious, wrapping an arm on my twin's shoulder. With a sheepish grin, he then explained "He passed out, so I'm taking him back to the inn, and I'm kinda tired"

With a slight nod, I gave permission for him to send the husky off as well as himself back to the inn "Just be careful"

***Frost's POV***

"I will" Turning my back towards the exit, I carried the sleeping husky back to the inn with all the strength I could muster.

As I was walking, the husky's audible groan reached my ears. Turning my head to check on him, he then stared back at me with a goofy smile and asked "So, did I win?" I shook my head as an answer. He smirked and slurred out a few words that I don't quite understand before he rubbed his cheek against mine "Heh, oh well I may have lost the battle, but I've won the war" My face slightly​ heated up as he made contact with my face. Judging from that gesture, I think that he's still drunk from all that alcohol that he consumed. "You're so cute when you blush, you know that?" After hearing Kandre's sentence, I had nothing to say about that and instead kept quiet for the rest of the journey.

Arriving at the front of the inn, I made my way to the front door of our room. Realizing that I didn't have the keys, I turn to the husky who's grinning stupidly at me. Sighing, I asked the husky "Do you have-"