Chapter 5: Three Heads are Better Than Two

*** Diamond's POV ***

I woke up from my slumber, the clock hanging on the wall of the room strikes 8 in the morning. I turned my attention towards my twin who is laying on top of my chest, sleeping soundly. Instead of waking him up, I just waited for him to get up as he can be a bit cranky if someone else woke him up.

Several minutes passed and Frost fluttered his eyes open. He saw me and booped my nose with his, smiling "Good morning"

I ruffled his headfur, "Good morning, time to get up" He pouted, and got out of bed, stretching while yawning. I sat up and stretched as well. "Well, hurry up and get ready. We have to leave soon."

He groggily replied "I know, I know" He then shuffled his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. I got up, made the bed and fluffed the pillows to lessen the burden of the inn cleaners.

Frost got out of the bathroom not long after, feeling refreshed. I then asked him "Could you pack our stuff? Not sure about the suits though, just fold them for now" He replied me with a nod and a hum. You see, we travelled without bringing a backpack or even a knapsack, I know...we're very smart. We only have satchels, which are too small to carry anything large anyways. I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

As I went in, I closed the door and started to turn the knob of the faucet and let the water pour down the drain. I scooped some water up and splashed it onto my face. After washing, I grabbed the nearest towel and wiped my face. I take a toothbrush that's been kept in a container and toothpaste and started to brush my teeth. Once that has been done, I rinsed my mouth to get rid of the foam and toothpaste residue inside my mouth. I spitted out the mixture into the sink and wiped my mouth again and made my way outside.

Once I got out, I can see that Frost had already folded the clothes and placed it on the bed. He then looked at me and asked "What are we going to do with the suits and ties? We can't refund them as the policy of the shop does not allow us to do so"

I thought for a month moment, weighing my options until I came to a conclusion. I then spoke "Well, the only way is just to carry them. We don't have a bag to put it so might as well" Frost groaned at my statement because it's the ugly truth, we can't do anything besides carrying it.

Before we leave, we checked the room for the last time to see whether we left something behind or not. Once everything is settled, we locked the door and head down to the reception desk. On the desk, the receptionist fox noticed us and greeted "Well hello there. I hope you enjoy your stay and visit us again"

I nodded and handed him the key to our room and thanked him. "We did enjoy the stay. Thank you for your hospitality"

The fox then noticed our suits being held and asked us "Ummm, excuse me, not to be rude but why are you carrying those clothes with your hands? Don't you have a backpack?"

Frost shook his head in dismay while laughing nervously "No, we kinda 'forgot' to bring it"

The fox then said "Oh, maybe I could help" He went under his desk and began to rummaging through it, searching for something. Frost and I exchanged quizzical looks at each other and turned our attention to the desk. The receptionist then got up and plopped down two backpacks "Here, as a token of appreciation for visiting us"

Our face lit up and took the bags and stored our tuxes. We thanked the fox and bid our goodbyes. As we left the village we both heard footsteps that were a few feet behind us, rushing and someone exclaimed "WAIT UP!"

We stopped walking and turned our heads to find that it's Kandre. He was panting heavily holding his knees while trying to catch his breath. I asked him "Yes? Something you need?" He was carrying a sackpack. From the looks of it, it's almost as though he's... 'Oh no...don't tell me what I think your going to say'