Chapter 11: Combat Ready

***Frost's POV***

One day before the tournament starts, and we've been training our butts off. We battled against each other with the help of Edrune of course. "I...think...we're....ready" I panted heavily, taking in as much air as I could.

"Yeah...I...agree with...Frost" Dreyus said, wheezing from the intensity of the training.

"Ditto..." Kandre panted out, laying on the ground sweating.

"Well, I think we all deserve some rest. You guys worked very hard for the past few days and I congratulate that" Diamond praised while putting back his sword.

"You bet. Let's head back to the bar and eat!" Edrune suggested rather excitedly.

"Yay~" the group cheered in a tired manor due the lack of energy from training.

~~~Le timeskip followed by Edrune's POV~~~

Whew, the training took a lot from me. Glad that the team are getting alon g quite well especially Kandre and Dreyus. Those two were at each other's throats but now, it's as if they are best friends since their childhood times.

We were walking to the bar and I noticed that they were a lot of furs going on about the stalls that were set up for the festival. "Whoa, didn't know that the population has increased here" stated Kandre.

"Possibly contestants that's taking part in the tournament, they usually arrive early during this time" I explained to the group.

"Oh I see. How come you know about this Edrune? Have you been here several times before?" Frost perked up curiously.

"Ehh, I lived in the parts of this city a few years back. After I....." I paused, looking down at the ground, realizing that I may have spill too much.

"After you....what?" Dreyus joined in, interested about my conversation.

"It's nothing heheheh, just know that I live here ever since" I laughed it off while scratching the back of my head making it more convincing.

They managed to shrug it off and continued forward, having little chats with each other. I sighed 'Phew, that was a close one. If they knew...I think they would ditch me'

Then, something or someone bumped into me, specifically my chest. The figure then spoke "O-oh s-sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going"

I did an inspection of the figure. He's a black-furred husky with white paws and splotches and markings that are arrange randomly while his body type is about slim to average. But his outstanding feature is his eyes.  Bright green orbs, enchanting as a borealis. All in all, he's what I call the definition of 'cute'. The husky squeaked "Oh, sorry about that. Wasn't really looking where I was going hehehe"

I could feel my face heat up so I cleared my throat "No worries, no injuries were harmed, I mean I'm fine" 'Smooth Edrune, real smooth'

The said husky giggled "You're so funny! By the way, I'm Fafnir, Fafnir Zavist and I..."

Before he could speak any further, a voice boomed out "FAFNIR!"

The entirety of Fafnir's body jolted up as me and the others eardrums were probably popped. The black husky then muttered "Oh no..."

A heavily built dragon came up to our group. His black scales and deep crimson wings and horns stands out from most of the crowd. His stern face is strikingly similar to that of Diamond's. He then scolded the husky, his tone of voice still infused with irritation "Where have you been!?"