Chapter 28

Jason stood in the training room, few feet away from Ozpin, to catch his breath. He used his wooden sword to support his weight and keep him from fall over.

Jason has been training for a few hours. He didn't know what time it was, but he assumed it was somewhere around eleven am.

Ozpin was surprised by how Jason was doing. This was only the second night of training, yet Jason's skills were improving at a fast pace.

However, Ozpin was almost too distracted by his thoughts to noticed Jason charging at him.

Jason swung his sword to the right, but Ozpin ducked below the attack and kicked Jason's leg, causing him to trip and fall forward.

Jason landed on his stomach with a loud thud. Ozpin heard Him mumble a few swear words.

"You're improving." Ozpin said. Jason slowly pushed himself off the ground. "It doesn't feel like it." He replied.

Once Jason was on his feet, he turned around to face Ozpin before swinging his sword. Ozpin got ready to block the attack, but his scroll started to beep.

Ozpin caught The sword in between his fingers, shocking Jason.

Ozpin looked at his scroll to see who was messaging him. Jason didn't know who it was, so he focused on trying to get the sword out of Ozpin's grip.

Ozpin then tapped the screen of his scroll to read the text. After he read it, he put his scroll back in his pocket.

He then sighed and looked at Jason, who was struggling to get the sword out of his hand. "Let go, damn it!" He shouted as he pulled in the grip of the sword.

Ozpin did so and let go of the sword, causing Jason to fall backwards and land on his behind. "Son of a bitch." He grunted.

"I think that's enough training for tonight." Ozpin said. "You can go get some rest." Jason looked at Ozpin once he was on his feet. "Seriously? We're done because of a text message?" He asked.

"More or less." Ozpin answered. "Are you saying you want to continue training? I can ask Glenda to take my place."
"I- I'm good." Jason replied.

"Well, I'm impressed by how you're skills improved." Ozpin said, causing a small smile to grow on Jason's face. "I'm just a fast learner." He replied. Though, what Ozpin said next slightly caught Jason off guard. "Just like you're father."

Jason looked at Ozpin with a surprised look. Silence filled the air for a few seconds before Jason spoke.

"What was he like?" Ozpin raised an eyebrow at the question, but then sighed. "He was a good man. Always kind, caring, and one of the best fighters I knew." He answered.

"What about my mom?" Jason asked. "She was about the same. But at times she could get... Really angry." Ozpin answered.

Jason closed his eyes and sighed. "I wish I remembered mor about them."
"I'm sure more of you're memories will return soon, Jason." Ozpin said in hopes of comforting Jason.

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking, did you open the chest?" Ozpin asked, getting Jason's attention. "Yeah." He replied. "Though there wasn't much. Just my old to car, my moms pocket watch, and some clothes."

"What kind of clothes?" Ozpin asked. "Let see..." Jason said trying to remember. "There was a white t shirt, black jeans, a pair of black boots, surprisingly they look bran new, and a-"

"Black tuxedo vest?" Ozpin interrupted. Jason gave him a confused look. "How did you know?" He asked, making Ozpin chuckle. "That's you're fathers lucky combat uniform."

"Lucky combat uniform? I don't get it." Jason replied.

"It's what you're father called it." Ozpin said. "He wore that outfit almost every time he went on a mission. And when he did wear it, he returned without a scratch."