Chapter 30

Jason walked down the sidewalk, passing people he didn't know.

Jason carried his sword Death wish in a large bag on his back, along with his pistol and Knife.

Jason was about to turn a corner when he saw a shadow pass under him. He looked up and saw a fleet of air carriers hovering above the city. Jason was surprised he didn't notice then earlier, but he knew they were James ironwood ships.

General James ironwood that is. He is a friend of Ozpin's. Jason meet him a few times when he was younger, though Jason didn't like James that much. He's a nice guy but they just didn't get along that much. Jason shook his head to escape his thought and continued walking.

Jason then found Phil's shop 'the devils armory' and opened the door. "Hey Phil!" Jason shouted as he entered. "I need to talk to y-" suddenly a tomahawk flew towards Jason, who dodged to his left to avoid it. The tomahawk stuck into the wall right next to Jason. He noticed the words 'made with love' on the handle. "What the fu-"

"Oh it's just you, Jason." Jason heard. He then turned and saw Phil ducking behind the counter. "What the hell was that for Phil?!" Jason shouted. Phil then stood up and almost tripped. "Sorry kid. It's just...Glenda maaaay have heard me talk say a few unkind things about her tho my drinking buddy, so I'm a little freaked out." Jason then rolled his eyes and pulled the tomahawk out of the wall. "Why am I not surprised?" He asked sarcastically.

He then walked over to Phil and placed the tomahawk on the counter. "This a new weapon of yours?" He asked. Phil then grabbed the weapon and placed it under the counter. "Nope. Some girl came over and asked me to replace the blade. Let me teal ya, that chicks kinda weird." Phil then placed one hand on the counter and the other on his hip. "So, what can I do for you Jason?" He asked.

"Just a few things." Jason answered. "First, I still need a holster for my gun and a new case for my knife." After hearing this, Phil clapped his hands together. "Gotcha covered." He then enter the room in the back of the store.

Jason heard Phil knock over a few things in the room before say some colorful swear words that won't be repeated. Phil then came back with a large strap and a knife case in one hand and a gun holster in the other. "Here you go." Phil then placed them on the counter.

"One gun holster, knife case, and a new strap for Death wish as a bonus." Phil said. Jason then grabbed his weapon bag and placed it on the ground. "Thanks Phil." He said.

He then grabbed the large strap to examine it. "It's nothing special. I just added a few pockets to carry dust or ammo for you're pistol, and a more powerful magnet to carry Death wish." Phil said. He then pointed at the knife case. "This is supposed to attach to a belt and stay on your lower back." Phil then pointed at the pistol holster. "And this will strap onto you're thigh."

Phil then looked back a Jason and saw that he was already wearing the strap for Death wish under his coat, which Phil didn't notice until now. "Nice coat." He said.

"Thanks. It's a gift from my teammates." Jason replied. He then grabbed the pistol holster and strapped it to his right thigh. After that, Jason grabbed the knife case. "Can I borrow a belt?" He asked. Phil nodded and quickly tossed Jason a belt. Jason then put that, and the knife case on. "This will take some getting used to, but thanks Phil." Jason said as he tighten the large strap.

"Not a problem. Anything else?" Phil asked. "Actually, yes." Jason answered. "Do you know anything about all these dust robberies?" Phil flinched at the question. "Okay Jason, what kind of mess are you trying to get into now?" He asked. "I'm just asking." Jason responded.

Phil then sighed in annoyance. "Well to be honest, I don't know anything. The white fang are pretty good at keeping secrets. But I'm hoping to find out tonight, during a stake out." He said before pulling a metal flask out of his pocket and drinking from it.

"Mind if I tag along?" Jason asked, causing Phil to spit his drink out. "You're kidding, right? Glenda would kill me if I let you come with me."

"What if I told Glenda who's been steeling her favorite wine the last few years?" Jason asked with his arms crossed. Phil then laughed at this. "You wouldn't dare..." Jason then raised an eyebrow, making Phil gasp. "Dear god, you would." He hissed.

"So we doing this or what?" Jason asked. Phil was silent for a moment before grunting in frustration. "Fine. Just... If something goes wrong, don't get killed." Phil then reached under the counter and pulled out his weapons.

They were a pair of silver gauntlets with claws that extend with the flick of the wrist. The right handed one was Love, and the left handed one was Hate.

"Alright. When're we leaving?" Jason asked. "Right now." Phil answered. "Wait- now?!" Jason shouted. Phil then walked by Jason and grabbed him by the back of his coat. "My mission, my rules. Now come on." Phil then dragged Jason along the floor. "At least give me a heads up first." Jason said, clearly frustrated. "I just did." Phil replied.

Jason then managed to escape Phil's grip and grab his weapons bag. "Are you alright Phil?" Jason asked. Phil then chuckled. "I think I'm a little drunk."

"I don't think you're ever sober." Jason replied. "We should really do something about that." Jason then slapped Phil a few times. "What the hell?!" Phil shouted. "Good, you're back. Let's go." After that, Jason and Phil left the building to prepare for the stake out.

TO BE CONTINUED