Chapter 35

Authors note: Hey guys, how are you? It's been what? A month or two? More? Holy sh!t. Sorry for the wait. I've been writing a little bit every now and then, but some stuff happened and I got distracted. But now I'm back... Kinda.

I'm gonna try and keep updating but I'm only gonna do it a little bit at a time, so it might take a while for more chapters to come out, I'm not sure yet.

Also, I wanna thank Legends_are_made and bloom8678 for sending me their teams for me to use soon. If anyone else wants their characters to appear later on, then message me.

Okay, I guess that's all. I just wanted to quickly explain why it took so long to update and say thanks. Also, this is gonna be a short chapter. Sorry.
----------------------------------------------

The night before wasn't a good night for Jason.

He was late for the dance, Ruby's been giving him the silent treatment, they both fought a strange masked woman, and she got away.

And now here he was the next day, laying on his bed and thinking about how to make it up to Ruby. "What the hell should I do?" He asked himself.

Sparky then jumped onto Jason's bed and barked three times. Jason then sat up and scratched Sparky behind his ears. "I just don't know what to do to make Ruby forgive me." He said.

Jason then grabbed Sparky and held him in front of his face. "Do you have any ideas?" He asked. Sparky barked once in response. "Why am I asking a baby Beowulf for advice?" Jason asked himself as he set Sparky down and then laid back down.

"Am I forgetting something else? Something pretty important?" Jason asked as he scratched his head. "Maybe I should check my Scroll for messages." Jason then got up and grabbed his Scroll off his desk. He then opened it and looked them all his messages.

There wasn't much. A few old messages from Ruby, some new threats from Yang, and one new message from Glenda. Jason then opened the message and read it out loud.

"Let's see here... This is a reminder to all students, blah blah blah, the dance is next Sunday, yada yada yada, remember to rent tuxedos and dress's... Also prepare for your first mission... Wait what?"

Jason then looked at his Scroll closely and continued reading. "All first year students will be given their first missions the day after the dance, so be sure to be ready and gather at the main hall." Jason finally finished.

"Why did no one tell me about this?!" Jason shouted at Sparky, who tilted his head in confusion. He then looked back at his Scroll. "Never mind." He said before running to the chest and grabbing his clothes. He wore his fathers old outfit and his coat he got from the rest of his team.

After changing, Jason put his Scroll in his pocket. He then walked over to his desk and grabbed his pocket watch. Jason was about to put it in his pocket, but he decided to look at the picture for a moment. He never actually took the time to feel grateful that he had a picture of his real family. He wished he had more memories of them, but he didn't think he was getting those any time soon.

He closed the watch and put it in his pocket. "I guess I better go." He said as he walked to the door. He then grabbed the doorknob and opened the door before stepping into the hallway. "See ya Sparky. I don't know when I'll be back, so don't chew up anything." He said. Sparky barked once happily in response. "Good boy." Jason said before closing the door and making his way to the main hall.

The jog across the courtyard wasn't that long, Jason arrived to his destination in five minutes. He opened the doors and walked inside the hall and saw everyone walking around and looking at the terminals. He didn't know what he missed, but he decided to focus on finding his teammates and pray that Yang was in a good mood.

After a bit of walking, he noticed his team leaving the building out of the corner of his eye and ran up to them. "Hi guys." He said. "Hey Jason." Everyone except Ruby said without looking back at him.

"Sorry I'm late, I didn't see Glenda's message until earlier." Jason said. "It's fine. It's not the first time you've been late for something important." Yang said. "Okay, I deserve that." Jason replied.

Jason then walked next to Ruby. "Ruby, I'm sorry I didn't get to the dance in time. Is there a way I can make it up to you?" Jason asked. Instead of responding, Ruby adjusted the straps on her backpack, which Jason didn't notice at first, and walked ahead of the group. "This is going to be a long day." Jason said to himself.

They all continued to walk in silence until Jason spoke again. "So, where're we going?" He asked. "To the locker room to pick up our weapons then the airport to be dropped off at the south east for our mission." Weiss answered.

"What's the mission?" Jason asked. "Nothing much really. We're just following Huntsman in his own mission. But that doesn't mean we can let our guard down. The number of Grimm has increased of the past few days so it won't be a walk in the park." Weiss explained. "Alright, sounds good." Jason replied.

Before they realized it, they arrived to the locker room to get their weapons. Jason tried to start a few conversations with Ruby, but she kept ignoring him. Jason then decided not to bother her and get his weapons so they could leave sooner. Once they were all set, Jason and the others left for the airport.

"So who are we shadowing on our mission?" Jason asked. "We don't know yet." Blake answered. "Hopefully it's not Glenda. She scares me." Yang said. "She scares all of us." Jason replied, earning a giggle from Ruby. "I heard that." Jason said cheerfully. Ruby tried her best to ignore him and walked ahead of him. "So close." Jason mumbled to himself.

Jason then looked at the rest of his team to notice that they all looked frustrated with him. He then sighed and walked ahead of them before coming to a stop. He then clapped his hands. "Alright, listen up." He said, getting their attention.

"I know you're all mad at me for last night, mostly Ruby." Ruby then rolled her eyes. At least she was paying attention. "But we have a mission," Jason continued. "I don't know what because I was late, but whatever. We all need to focus while we're out there, and it'll be difficult if you all keep acting like this. So can you all stop being mad at me while we're out? When we get back you can all go back to hating my guts." Jason crossed his arms and waited for a response.

After a moment of silence, the others looked at each other and then looked back at Jason. "Fine." Ruby said, surprising Jason. "Thank you." Jason said. "But this doesn't mean I forgive you." Ruby stated before stomping past Jason. "I thought so." Jason whispered under his breath. "Okay, let's-"

"Hello everyone!" Someone said, interrupting Jason. He then turned around and saw professor Oobleck standing with a smile on his face. "Who's ready to fight for their lives?" He asked cheerfully. Everyone just remained silent.

TO BE CONTINUED