Chapter 37

(Hey guys, sorry for taking so long, and for the short chapter. I've been distracted and caught up in the holidays, and mah birthday!yay me! Anyway, i was in a hurry to get this out so it ended up being a lot shorter then i wanted it to be, i originally wanted, like, two thousand words, maybe more, but i got impatient. one last thing, i decided to start writing with a different device, so from here on out, future chapter's might seem a little different. anyway, sorry again for the wait and for the short chapter. i hope you all enjoy, and i know its really late but happy holidays and new year.)

"If that watch is broken, I'm kicking your ass." Jason said as he tried to lean forward, but he ended up wincing at the pain from his broken arm. "I'd actually love to see you try. Hell, I might even untie you just for that." Reaper replied with a chuckle afterwards.

Jason then looked around the room again before looking back at Reaper. "Where's Ruby?!" He asked almost in a shout. "Calm down, she's fine. I think. I honestly don't know, or care." Reaper answered. Hearing this caused Jason to try and move again, but it was difficult since he was tied to his chair. "You know, the more you struggle, the more likely you're gonna leave in more then one piece." Reaper said casually as he pointed at his sword.

After some more struggling, Jason finally gave up and leaned back in his chair, but he didn't break eye contact with Reaper. "What the hell do you want?" Jason asked, with anger in his voice. Reaper sighed and leaned on the right arm rest of his chair. "Honestly, I wanted to talk." He said.

"Are you kidding me?! That's it?!" Jason replied almost instantly. "Well you wouldn't have cooperated if I had asked would you?" Reaper asked calmly. Jason stared at him in silence fore a moment before he spoke again. "Fine." He said. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Well, I may have a question or two." Reaper said as he adjusted himself on his chair. "First off, why won't you join the White Fang?" He asked. "Why would I join you ass hats?" Jason said back.

After hearing this, Reaper stood up from his chair and got in front of Jason and slammed his fist into the side of his face, almost knocking Jason and his chair over. "Behave yourself and that won't happen again, understand?" Reaper asked coldly. Jason then spat blood onto the floor and looked back at Reaper and remained silent. Reaper then sighed and walked back over to his chair.

"You're special Jason, I'm sure you know by now." He said as he sat down. Jason then adjusted himself the best he could. "What do you mean 'special'?" He asked. "You know, the whole halfbreed thing, your family history and whatnot." Reaper answered. "Oh right, that." Jason said quietly. He then looked back at Reaper with a surprised look. "Wait, how do you know all that?" He asked.

"Richard told me whem i was younger. He said he felt I should know." Reaper answered. "Wait, didn't you say you wanted to kill him?" Jason asked Reaper, earning a silent nod. "Why?" Jason asked again. "That's a little personal, but I guess you can know." Reaper replied.

"You see, I never new my family, or if I even had one. I don't really have any memories of my past. At least, before I met Richard. He took me in when I was young and gave me a home, and cared for me. In a way, he was my foster parent." Reaper then stood up and grabbed the mask from the table and examined it. "He even gave me his favorite mask, and his prized sword." He said. Reaper then tightened his grip on the mask. "But he left." He said.

"He what?" Jason asked. Reaper then looked up from his mask and at Jason. "He left the White Fang, and no one knows why. One day he just ran off without warning. No one's seen him since." Reaper said as he set his mask back on the table. "Everyone forgot about him pretty quickly, but I didn't."

"So you think he abandoned you?" Jason interrupted. "He did abandon me! He left me alone, when I needed him most!" Reaper snapped back. He then took a deep breath to calm himself as he sat down. "So, I decided I'm gonna find him, and make sure he regrets leaving me."

"But killing him isn't going to solve anything." Jason said. Reaper just looked at him with a blank stare. "Let me ask you this..." Reaper then leaned forward on his chair. "What will you do if you find Richard?"

Jason tried to respond, but he didn't know what to say. He never thought about what would happen after finding Richard. "...I... I don't know." He finally said while staring at the ground. "Unbelievable." He heard Reaper say with a slight chuckle. "You're telling me you want to find Richard, but don't even know what to do afterwards?" Reaper asked. Jason then looked at Reaper with hate in his eyes, but was silent.

"Wow. That stare actually sent a small shiver up my spine." Reaper said jokingly as he stood up. "Well, I'm in a small hurry so I'm gonna go ahead and give you one more chance to join the White Fang while I can." He said as he stepped forward.

"Why do you even want me to join?" Jason asked. "Well, I hate to admit it, but I actually have no idea where or how to find him. But I figured, since he also ruined your life, you would be interested in finding him with me." Reaper answered as he got closer. once close, he untied Jason from his chair. once done, he stepped back to give Jason room.

Jason then stood up and stretched his left arm. he tried moving his right shoulder, but the second he tried he felt pain flow through his entire arm. he then gripped his shoulder tightly. "So, will you join me?" Reaper asked with his arm stretched out, offering to shake Jason's hand.

Jason stared at Reaper's hand for a moment and then looked up at him. "Go jump off a cliff." he said.

Reaper was a little surprised by Jason's reaction, but let out an annoyed sigh as he rubbed his forehead. "You should've said yes, Jason. then I wouldn't have to kill you." he said before punching Jason, knocking him onto the ground with a loud thud. "Son of a bitch!" Jason grunted, but Reaper ignored him. "But I won't really miss you." he continued.

Reaper then placed his foot on Jason's head and pointed his sword at his throat. "Well this is goodbye, I guess." he said as he raised his sword, ready to strike.

Jason tried getting the strength to move, but his struggling was useless. he was too dizzy from the punch to do anything, he felt like passing out. but just as he was about to close his eyes, Reaper spoke.

"I guess I'll see you in hell, little J." He said coldly.

TO BE CONTINUED