Prologue

"not any more sanyukta..! Enough of you. DON'T MESS WITH ME!" randhir fumed in berserk.

"exactly randhir! You don't mess with me!" she replied fretfully staring into his eyes.... Whilst all the other dream team members stood there with dingy faces and drooped shoulders, busy in passing dirty looks in disgust to them. It's already 10 pm and they were arguing for last half-en-hour, about the task they were assigned to..

"hey look am the captain! And you just listen to me" he barged into her..

"so what? I think you forgot that how you got the captaincy..." she stepped forward pointing her finger at him, making the argument more and more intense...

"arre..! Sanyukta.. Plase.. Aap shanth ho jao..." jiggy meddled in their argument.. Trying to make them calm down.. But randhir was in no mood to listen... Even in confrontations...He was just wondering about her guts to talk to a guy like that.. Of course he was lost in her enthralling beauty, that was what every time happens and that was The fact that his male ego would never let him accept... 3 years had passed and a lot had changed in FITE except mr.mcp and miss.farzi and their fights...

Randhir got used to her, best to say addicted..just like without her he couldn't take breath at least. every walk of his life... He never stopped fighting with her, competing with her.. teasing her.. mocking her, taunting her... sharing everything with her... But still he would never accept.. That he love her.. He never stopped confronting her... He just veiled his feelings for her with his ego... Never disclosing the fact that He love his biggest enemy the most... to others.... Even then he's fighting with her for silly reason, till the moment vardhaan sir walked into scrap yard ferociously.

"what the hell is going on here!" he glanced the machines in the scrap yard and there by comprehending that the task was not completed yet. "All of you bunch of farzi engineers.. just get lost! Move!" he bellowed at them.. Thus every one left The scrap yard... While randhir and sanyukta were busy in exchanging I-WILL-KILL-YOU looks..

As soon as everyone left the scrap yard sanyukta too started trudging towards hostel.. She was completely exhausted because of busy schedule of the day.As she was passing by the archives room stretching her neck she felt hard hands, one around her waist and other pressing against her mouth.. Seconds later she was in the archives room locked, pinned to the wall.

"what the hell randhir? Let me go! else.."

"else? Look sanyukta agarwal am warning you! Just stay away from me!"

"oh hello! You must have confused, it's you who is meddling in my issues"

"why would i ever do that?" he smirked.

"ask it to yourself" she pushed him back with all her might. With in seconds, like a bouncing ball he stepped forward close to her... Hell close... Their lips were just inches apart.. sanyukta was hell scared that she might get kissed again... Randhir was trying hard., not to kiss her..., trying hard not to stare at her alluring soft pink lips... What ever, finally his ego preceded over his urge to kiss her and they kept on arguing... An hour passed and were still asking each other to stay away from one other but radically they could never do that...

"you are impossible! Just move!" she pushed him aside and stepped forward to leave

"you!" he held her hand and folded back, gripping it hard.. She stood there
wincing in pain..

"leave me randhir! I said leave me!" she frowned, actually he too doesn't know why he stopped her, might be his eyes pleaded him to.. So that they couldn't lost the sight of her beautiful pretty face...

"Randhir.. It's hurting.." she struggled.

"Dhaappp....dhapppp.... Dhappp......" before randhir could say something they heard series of whamming sounds and a male voice yelping. Randhir let her free and she turned to him.. They were staring at each other in askance..

"what it could be..?" she narrowed her eyes

"how would i know..? Come let's check on!" he said. they both stepped out of the archives room. It was dark and fog could be clearly seen as it was the chilled winter night.. It was already 11.30 pm and a deadly silence was prevailing every where, they could clearly hear the shrill cries and those whamming sounds...

"randhir..this side i think" she said pointing towards back side of the archives room...

"Not bad farzi.." they started walking towards the source of sound. With every forward step they took the sounds grew more and more louder.. and as they approached the back side of the archives room they saw a person looming in the darkness.. He was on the floor on his knees, The machines lying in front of him were charred..That person, though clearly not visible was wailing bitterly rapping the floor. screaming out "forgive me!" simultaneously. He was trying to stand but was falling down again and again. Randhir and sanyukta stood there trying to figure out the situation making mere guesses on the identity of that person..

"let's move a bit forward"he said and they took another step forward still hiding themselves..As they took the forward steps..From their angle of view a little light occupied the persons face, revealing his identity.

"heck!" breath struck in their throat when their eyes caught the sight of the situation there."vardhan sir?" they frowned in unison passing fishy stares to each other. He was crying and screaming like a mad man, his body was totally trembling out of control.

"randhir, let's go to him" sanyu said, walking forward, almost with teary eyed.

"are you crazy? He's drunken! Let's wait here for few more minutes" randhir dragged her to halt by her hand. They stood there watching him trying to stand and collapsing down on the floor again and again. Moments passed and after few vain attempts to stand, he fell on the floor senseless. He passed out.

"oh no!" they both ran to him hastily.. "sir! sir!" randhir tapped on his cheek gently. Unlike every day,He looked so stressed out.. Fear mixed guilty feeling was clearly visible on his face.His deep swollen eyes through his nerdy spectacles revealed the traces of the sleepless nights he spent.. The hint of fear in his eyes reminds a kid scared of haunting nightmares.

"let's take him to his room." sanyukta suggested and randhir tried to make him stand taking his arm around his neck. He was struggling to help him. After all all his body weight was imposed on randhir, he was stumbling

"farzi help karona! What are you staring at?" randhir managed to speak. Sanyukta, in utter shock was unaware of what she was doing, she walked to side of randhir and held him as if she was helping randhir to make walk.

"yeh kya kar rahe ho tum?? Dumbo! Hold him! not me!" he scowled twisting because of her touch.

"sorry sorry!" she came to the other side and held him. They both helped him to his room.

STAFF QUARTERS.:

they some how managed to enter his quarters, the door of his bed room was left ajar, they entered in and sanyu slammed the door behind whilst randhir helped him to bed he tucked him in the bed and removed his spectacles, he then began to remove his shoes whilst sanyukta was meticulously scanning the room. His room was messy though. All the books and models of engines, carboraters he had designed were lying scattered on the floor.. there were photographs of him hanging on the wall behind his bed.. And few certificates hanging on the wall at study table. She quickly skimmed through the things on his study table and her eyes caught hold of something captivative... "wow!" she exclaimed on seeing them.. There were a bunch of sculptured roses fashioned out of machinery spare parts!

"randhir! Ye dheko... Such an amazing scrap art! they are beautiful na!"she said taking them into her hands, her eyes twinkled. Mean while randhir was done with covering vardhan sir with blanket..

"if you stop your girlish giggling. I think we can go." he mocked, nearing her.

"what's girlish in this? Am just admiring the art and the talent" she shrugged.

"fine then! Stay here admiring it! Am leaving" he said and walked towards the door. He tried opening it but it didn't open. And he kept on struggling to open it but in vain.

"this is holy shit!" he banged the door. Making vardhan sir to twitch in sleep

"kya hua?" she probed in hushed tone

"door's locked! We are locked farzi" he expressed his frustration.

"let me try" she said placing the roses on table

"oh hello! Door is not a girl, to open when you try and not to when i try. Stop this shit and find a solution!" he taunted. She rolled her eyes

"2 ways! Either you jump down and catch me later when i jump or you help me down first and then you jump, i'll catch you" she said pointing towards the window. Randhir's madness reached peaks!

"farzi! Use your brain the room is on third floor. What ever you are not a pillow or a puppy to catch you. You weight equals to 3 rice bags. Even then if you want then let's choose the second option. I'll throw you out first and i'll jump later. Catch me" he said lifting her up in his arms.

"oy oy! wait! I had another option?"

"kya? You want vardhan sir to throw you out?"

"nope, why don't we search for the key?"

"finally. Your brain has worked. Now start hunting." he let her down and they began to search the room.. An hour passed and nothing seemed helpful..

"yaaar! This is soo messy" she said glancing at vardhan sir who was sleeping peacefully... She stepped back and leaned against the cupboard in despair. Whilst randhir was trying to make the door open.

"am tired randhir.. Feeling hungry" she said with her brows arched. Randhir turned to face her and noticed a cardboard box on top of the cupboard right above her, about to fall on at any second.

"farzi! Look out.!" he said walking hastily to her. She looked up and when was about to get out from there the box slipped and fell over her leaving the things in it scattered on the floor..

"ouch!" she sat there on floor holding her head buried into her knees

"sanyukta, you okay!" randhir helped her up

"haan! am okay! We have to clean this mess first" she said staring at the books scattered on floor.

"uff!" he let a deep sigh out and began to collect the books. Sanyu too was helping him. All the books were related to the automotive technology and They were too impressed with the collection that vardhan sir had... "i'll definitely read them all some day" she chuckled holding them to heart, but one book was different and caught sanyukta's sight. it was like odd man out.

"yeh kya hai?" she took the book in blue bounded cover written with 1996 on it in golden letters.

"it's a dairy! Let me see!" he snatched it from her hands..

"first clean this mess" she said sternly "umm!" he nodded and quickly they made them fixed and he lifted the box and placed it on the cupboard. Sanyukta already sat on the floor leaning against the bed, exhausted...

"randhir. Are you going to read it?" she posed.

"yep! do you have any problem with that?" he riposted.

"that's unethical, you can't do that, you can't read others dairy.. That too vardhan sir's" she gibbered.

"oh hello! You are talking about ethics? You? Where did your ethics went when you spyed on me? When you sneaked to my room" he said sitting abreast of her.

"but!"

"you read or not but am going to read it" he said opening it.. She tried hard to convince but her heart too longed to go for it

"kya? Read it or not?" he raised his brows.

"umm!" she nodded halfheartedly...he inched her closer and opened the diary.... The papers in the diary were little wrinkled and torn off at the ends. 

The first page of it read "niharikavardhaan" neatly written in red and blue in calligraphy.