Chapter Five

21st Sept 1996
UNEXPECTED PARTITION

Back in FITE niharika seemed so happy and relaxed after a long time.. It was the same day that We were sharing some coffee, sitting in the canteen on evening..

"kya baat hai madam? Full on josh??" i posed

"aisa kuch nehin vardhaan" she giggled, sipping her coffee! i was awfully lost in her giggles..

"what else could be the reason! It's our truimph over CITE" kabir meddled in, and with in no time niharika stood up and began to walk out ferociously.. I and kabir exchanged cold looks in askance and then my nerve pulse gave a ping to me.."stop her idiot! What are you staring at?" my heart scowled and i followed her.

"niharika.! Just wait.. What happened?" i made her to halt by holding her hand.

"kuch nehin vardhan! I just don't feel comfortable with that guy! It's not that i hate him! I just don't like him" she said with expressionless face!

"but..." i tried to convince.

"suno! Iam leaving home tonight for couple of days. That's what i want to Say.. See you later! and forgot to say, prof.Rag told me to make an announcement that TATA MOTORS is going to hold a summit on automotive technology, and also a automobile expo, coming week here, they are going to extend their support for our dream team competition! Will you please make the announcement for me? You see i am busy with packing" she said in one go.

"aye! aye! Captain." i said and we both burst out laughing.. Seconds later, she bade good bye and left for her room... I too made my way for my room after making the announcement.

30th Sept 1996
FEELINGS UNVEILED

A week passed by and still there was no sign of her, even living with 100s of people around, daily, the lonely feeling mounted on my head was something so weird that i never felt before! Even kabir was not there... I almost turned insane, without her! I wondered whom to ask about her and how to talk to her.. Even i went to the orphanage the previous day, expecting her to be there! But she didn't came,. without her, i don't even felt like going to terrace to watch the lovely sunrise with which once i'd been in love! Oh! Wait!! What i just said? "once i'd been in love with???" right! If it was so, then what it was now?? Is that just happening for true.? I was completely baffled, my head was spinning, i somehow manged to the stairs and sat there. i don't even want to attend the summit that day. My mind continued to make sense of what my heart feels for her! It was trying to get answers for.

Never in my life, i did missed someone to that extent that made me feel like choking every minute., i still couldn't believe that fact... I don't know what went wrong with me! 

"vardhaan! Stop being kid! It's your time, the cupid has shot his arrows...." my heart said,.. For some reason i accepted it in very next second. I sat on the steps and was mulling about niha! Her sweet chirpy voice was still reverberating in my ears, her angelic face was still flashing in front of my eyes.. Her soft touch that night my rough palm experienced was still lingering on my palms... I just caressed my face with my palms... I felt her presence and her smell in the air around me! I felt something new, my eyes began to scan 100's of students walking busily in the corridor... I heard her voice somewhere from the corner... I felt like i was hallucinating and i didn't pay any heed at least...