Chapter Sixteen

7th Apr 2000

I left her on the bench and turned back to go but i didn't feel like going to my room! I decided to go to the terrace for ONE LAST TIME. and i did. As soon as i stepped on to the terrace the roses i made out of spare parts, lying on the floor welcomed me, i smiled sadly as i collected them... The table was left as it was, i arranged it last night except that the candles were blown off and the rose petals and the roses had withered.. The whole decoration i made was mocking me then! Laughing at me mercilessly! 

I sat at a corner on the terrace reviewing the whole night's incident again, tears dribbled my face unknowingly. I don't know how long i sat there. But i was into the world again when i heard jingling sound of anklets rushing towards me. 

"vardhaan!" she came running to me and fell on her knees in front of me! I was silent. "vardhan please believe me. i truly don't know that it was him" she pleaded.

"shut up! Niharika! I say shut up!" i bellowed at her. It panicked her totally. "how long niharika? How long will you pretend? You know what? am a fool!! I should have guessed it before! right the moment you said you will marry him...in the canteen! The day you told that your dad asked you to marry kabir! I should have guessed"

"vardhaan! You are misunderstanding me!! I never cheated on you" she said sternly. 

"yeah! you just played with my feelings"

"vardhan trust me!! I really don't know! I thought it was you...even now I swear, i love only you" she nearly broke

"love?? My foot! Get the hell out of my life and stop playing with it! Bloody cheater! I am happy! Damn happy without you! Get out of my life" i folded my hands shouting at her. She was dumbstruck. Heart broken, but still she managed to be stubborn, so as i! 

"you never know what your words cost! Don't you dare doubt my love! and one last thing, i can't let you go!" she said taking my hand in to hers 

"done with your speech?" i asked. She said nothing. she silently leaned forward hugging me and whispering "i love you" in my ears! But in turn i pushed her curtly 

"ab please yeh drama bandh karo" i stood up and walked away leaving a shattered heart behind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i can't read this anymore" randhir closed the book.

"par kyu" sanyukta gave him puzzled look. 

"pata nehin" randhir hugged the book to his heart. 

"theek hai, there are only 2 pages left. there after you can stop if you want" sanyukta grabbed the book and opened it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th May 2000.: