Chapter One

"niharika vardhan??" they frowned in unison staring at each other. Randhir flipped the pages and a picture of girl in her mid 20's fell down from between the pages. "nikarika mam????" he smiled as if he had sniffed it out freshly. Of course he had!

"she's beautiful!" sanyu took the photograph to her hands.

"gorgeous!" he corrected. his voice seemed to be like he was feeling nostalgic on seeing the picture.

"yaa! Captivative.." she said staring at the picture.

"chalo, let's not waste whole night admiring her!" He took it from her hands and placed it somewhere in the middle of those withered pages. And turned to next page.. The neatly written lines with small letters, in black, and the deliberate hand writing adorned the paper. The ink was clearly visible still and he began to read...

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

25th June 1996
DREAM COME TRUE.:

My chest swelled with pride, call it vanity, arrogance or what ever you want but today i was the most success full lad on this planet.. FITE... The most prestigious, No.1 college in India! Yes.! I stood in the college in front of the notice board, checking the short listed candidates.. I just couldn't believe that i made it. VARDHAN SURYAVANSHI rank no.2 read the chart... It was no wonder for me, it justified my hard work. I was unfazed...and looked down further... Kabir rank no.3 Rahul rank no.4 Rohit verma rank no.5... So on it read all the boys names till the rank 68.

Wait a second...! who's the topper? I instantly rolled my eyes to see the topper... Niharika oberoi rank no.1 read the chart

"Niharika oberoi??? A girl" my eyes widened. "woah! A girl did it!" i admired her in my heart it self.. But for some reason a deep feeling of respect accumulated in my heart for her... I felt an sudden urge to see her.. I knew i have to wait for days for that moment to come... I let a deep sigh out and walked in to the office room for application form... "FITE ADMISSION FORM" read the bold letters on top of the paper

"papa! Mujhe maf kardo! At least now i think you'll Get to know about what your son is capable of, at least by now! Sorry for not opting commerce. after all it's my life papa, i'll be happy only when i do what i love. Sorry papa" i said to myself as i ticked the box mechanical engineering in stream section.

28th june 1996
WAIT ENDS.:

I was strolling around in the college trying to locate every possible requirements accommodated for the students... Apart from all facilities, the greenery of FITE fascinated me and spending one hour in morning and evening on the terrace of institution... Turned to be my habit.. After all that's what i got used to do when my room was still waiting for my roommate and rank no.3 to occupy it and to accompany me!

Half en hour passed and i found every aspect of FITE so captivate and finally my class room... Not bad at all.... The step floored room with spacious seating arrangements and pictures of engine models hanging to the wall made me fall in love with it.. There were already few students seated in the class busy introducing themselves one to other. And my favorite first bench was vacant as usual... I sat there so nonchalant but my eyes were still searching for the odd man out in that room oh! I mean for that girl.. For that one girl who topped the list of boys... I meticulously scanned all the class but She's not there...

"Umm! Probably she should have been restricted by her parents" i made a guess.. After all it's meaningful though...

"Girls of 90's and that too mechanical engineering.... No way vardhaan!" My heart iterated

"so good morning class...!" entered in a swarthy, short person. pot bellied and bald headed... Interrupting my thoughts. His face features reminds a madrasee...

"am prof. Raghu ram. I'll be dealing basic mechanics" he introduced himself. He turned to the board and started to scribble something on the board. I looked around again, those few students in class started taking notes not even aware of what he was writing..

"dumbos..!" i mumbled as i turned to face the board... The class fell silent as prof. Raghu ram began to explain the future scope of mechanical engineering... Seconds passed and he paused to breath.. A deadly silence prevailed all over the class', everyone are staring at the professor with all Ears... All of sudden i don't know why but i felt a strong diversion in mind. my mind begged my eyes to turn to the door... But i was reluctant to it... Still when i heard a sweet chirpy voice asking to excuse from the door, my eyes momentarily turned to the side... And there stood a beautiful... uh! Alas! Better to say gorgeous girl in her teenage... Asking permission to enter into the class.

"what do you need?" professor asked in harsh tone..

"sir, i'm niharika oberoi, new admission!" she said cut short

"well this is mechanical engineering class. Madam... Other branches are on other side of the building. You ma go now" prof. quipped and turned to the board.

"i opted for ME sir!" she smirked.

"you?? Opted for ME??" prof.frowned.

"yep! Why sir, do ME needs any gender eligibility??" she riposted and quickly made her way to the seat vacant in last bench.. Leaving professor in little shock..

"interesting.. Very interesting..." my eyes automatically followed her... I noticed the other boys Leering at her till then were started drooling.. But she seemed to be so confident and cheerful... She quickly climbed the last step and sat there in the first seat... All the while she walked.. Her waist long black lustrous hair, left open was swinging in perfect sync to the chime produced by jingling sound of her bangles... I bet, half of the class would have flattened to her hair and to her flawless, milkish white skin... Her perfect little ashy orbs and the smile that always lingered on her alluring lips had surely sent electric vibrations to many of the teen hearts.. One word... Venus! - the goddess of love would be enough to describe her...

"so class! We'll discuss about the basic mechanics in next class" prof. Raghu ram's voice brought me back from the trance. As he left the class. I again turned back to steal a glance at her... She sat there with her one leg over the other and pen in between her fingers.. She was humming a Punjabi tune and was tapping her foot in perfect sync to it.

"Vardhan it's enough! you are spoiling her privacy." my heart warned me. But what to do my eyes were transfixed. I just couldn't take my eyes off her. It's not about her beauty, it's about her courage, and guts! I respect her more than i admire her.. In no time she caught me stealing glances at her.

"oh! Gosh! She noticed me!" i immediately shifted my gaze. My heart started to beat abnormal. it increased it's speed.. Moments passed and it came to normal speed. I turned back to see her again.. Godd! She was still glaring at me! So aggresively! Like if she wants to kill me! Her cold looks hit me.!

"vardhan, do something before she knocks you down!" my heart pleaded.. And i decided to abscond slowly before the professor of next class enters in. Just when i stood up to leave...

"So class!" entered in another professor.. He seemed so normal.. and decent.. Yet his voice was so commanding and dynamic "you guys should have a passion! A hunger to achieve something.. To reach heights" He began to speak with his intensified voice... "So how many of you think! You deserve this?" he asked placing his hands on the table leaning forward

"i think sir" a hand raised from the corner along with raising voice. I know it's her but i didn't dare to turn back.. I sat there with my gaze fixed to desk! I was trying hard not to raise my head even though i want to raise my hand!

"only one! Shame on you boys!" professor exclaimed. But before we could say something.. The bell rang and the professor left the room with thunder speed. With that all the students got relaxed and began to chit chat..

"it's him.. Prof. Rag Biswas! Oh my god. He's such a talented person... But bit harsh... Some call him rude, some call him arrogant.. But some says he's good at heart.. What ever am hell scared when he was in front of me.. God.. I am too nervous yaar" i heard different voices murmuring behind me about him.. Whatever be But still i found him interesting very interesting..!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

randhir closed the book with bookmarking the page they just read with his finger and looked at sanyukta almost in wonder.their lips curved again..

"i can't believe this! Is this true... Ki vardhan sir..." randhir paused still smiling..

"yaaa! I too don't believe.." she completed, smiling..

"go for next page randhir i can't wait to read it.." she prompted..

"that's unethical farzi..! Some one said so" he closed the diary!

"uff! C'mon randhir please.." she rolled her eyes! He smiled and opened it again only to find the pages next to those they read were empty... He kept on unfurling... After turning 5-6 empty pages.. Another photograph of a young guy in his mid 20's fell down.. The guy was so manly, his sharp nose and tiny grey orbs... were captivative. he was wearing blue tank top on white t-shirt. Few of His grey hair flocks were falling on his face... He was smiling with his brows arched and it adorned his visage.

"vardhan sir!!!" sanyu freaked out taking the photograph into her hands..
"awww! How handsome he was!" she said with a kid like tone. For some reason it made randhir burn with jealousy

"enough! show some decency! after all he is your professor!" he grabbed his picture from her and placed Carefully between the withered pages next to the niharika's picture, and turned the pages further...