Chapter Nine

25th Oct 1997

It was 6 in the morning when I was done with my packing. Still 2 hrs left and I was sure niharika takes least hours of time to get ready. No wonder! Because we can make the sun rise in the west successfully but could never make a girl get ready on time!! I instantly made a mental calculation about the time she takes to get ready, and I broke into sudden laughter at my stupid calculation! Loud enough to make my roommate twitch in sleep. With in no time he woke and after passing few tantrums, he asked me to get out! And I did. 

To let the time pass I slowly walked out of my room and began to climb up the steps to terrace. As soon as I stepped on to the terrace a soft gentle breeze hit my face and that made my heart feel so light. I took a deep breath as the images of last night flashed in front of my eyes! It seemed to be a strange experience but whenever it comes to my mind I was smiling stupidly for some unknown reason. The very thought of her's in my mind makes me feel nostalgic. No matter how old was our relation. I just stood at the railing, arms crossed and was watching the sun raise... Thinking about her!

"Up so early!" she said "thought you would be sleeping out of weird experience last night!"

"It's good though" I stretched my hand, opening my fist and she filled in with her's. I felt complete!

"Want to do it again? Umm let's plan for dean's office this time" she winked... She looked cuter and the warm sun rays hitting her face made her look even more radiant.

"niha... Some times you behave just like a mischievous lad" I said

"Sometimes it good to be like that" she defended herself making puppy face... I felt a sudden urge to pull her cheeks and kiss her, but I was scared that she might hit me hard...

"You got ready so early... I thought you would take at least 3 hours" I teased her

"Shut up!" she hit me hard on chest.

"Ouch! You have any grudge on me?" I feigned pain. She rolled her eyes!

NEXT DAY:

The bus we boarded to reach the village took 2 long hours to drop us at our destination. Those 2 hours passed like seconds, just with listening to her... She never stopped talking... Whatever! I never felt bored to her words cause... In the end, when we have nothing left with, only those words of her, those conversations of us would make us feel lively, I felt so blessed to have her in my life...

Back in village we were welcomed with warm smiles; I knew it was all because of niha, if it was not her, no one could have recognized us at least! Many of them knew her very well and after all the formal greetings to everyone we slowly walked to the house where we stayed last time when we visited the village. Niha was excited all the time... And we spent all the day strolling in the mud lanes of the village, trying to figure out the count of school drop outs and finally made our way to sarpanch's house... It was around 6 pm and the sarpanch was lazing on his cot in the varendah