Chapter Thirteen

soon sanyukta dozed off on his shoulders and as it was a long night, randhir was too tierd, he too slipped into kip unknowingly... But soon he woke up with a soft palm caressing and tapping his cheek! 

"huh..! Umm..."

"utto we have a lot to know" she smiled 

"hmm...!" he stretched his arms "if this is the way you wake me up, i don't mind sleeping all the day" he mumbled sheepishly 

"uh.! Have you said any thing?" sanyukta frowned 

"kuch nehin!" he shook his head side ways grinning.

"umm! Okay... Then let's continue" she shrugged opening the book again.

...............................................................................

13th Nov 1997

Couple of days passed and still my anger hadn't abated. Why should she say that? Be it for fun, but what was the need to bring him in middle?? I knew she doesn't knew anything about my confrontations with kabir. But still my heart refused to accept the fact. She had been apologizing all the day and night for past 2 days and i was avoiding her stupidly! I don't know what my problem was! 2 days! 48 hours! 48 hours of our silence, rather say my silence had killed her. Her eyes were swollen, because of incessant tear flow, her face lost the charm. For the past 2 days i didn't spot her at the mess even. I guess she should have skipped her meals too..!

"what the hell vardhaan! What do you want??? Are you taking your venge? She doesn't even know anything!" my heart scowled as i stood at the railing on the terrace at night, all alone. It's been 3 days that i talked to her and that day she hadn't shown up! Not even to the class! And that's it!!! Her absence... I don't know how hard my silence Had killed her, but her absence had stabbed every speck of my heart, killing me from inside... I, then realised! What was more hard for me!! And how stupid i was, i stood there till 12 in the midnight expecting her to show up at any time but she didn't and thus i climbed down the steps desperately making plans on how to ask her apologies the next day.

14th Nov 1997

it was 6 in the morning when i woke up and i rushed to the terrace and as expected she stood there...staring at the sky, lost. She was smiling desperately as tears down her cheeks... I neared her feeling jittery and mumbled her name out. 

"what?" she faced me staring into my eyes straight

"woh..." i stammered

"whaattt...!?" she raised her brows, her eyes, swollen and blood red caught my sight.

"i..." words stuck in my throat.

"what is that mr.suryavanshi? Speak out"

"i am sorry. I don't mean to hurt you! I was really enraged and... and... I... Uh... Umm..! Sorry!"