Chapter Twenty

Moments passed and they were still crying. randhir was caressing her shoulder iterating "it's okay"..all the time, even when he too was crying bitterly, suddenly sanyukta raised her head to face him, 

"it is not randhir! This is not fair! He don't deserve this pain! He don't" she cried, grabbing his collar. the sight of sanyukta, crying was more hurting for randhir than the fact that niharika mam died. Of course he too was crying, but then, he was no more bothered about his own tears and his own pain, cause it's sanyukta, she occupied his first priority then, she entered in his heart crossing all the boundries he had drawn restricting himself! Then he was no more self, no more alone, 

"sanyukta, look at me," he cupped her face wiping her tears with his thumb fingers "please stop crying, please! That's destiny and we can do nothing now" his voice too was quivering, for a moment they both felt strange, staring into eachother's eyes, they felt difficult to avert their gazes, seconds later sanyukta Gently shoved his hands and leaned back wrapping her hands round his arm and embracing it, she silently rested her head on his shoulders. he said nothing, she too silently closed her eyes as she felt randhir kissing her forehead, she felt loved, she felt content, that was something that she might never feel with sameer!!

She took a deep breathe and a few tear drops trickled down her cheeks, in no time she dozed off and so as randhir. He silently wrapped the blanket round them, and dozed off leaning his head against hers.

minutes later randhir woke up with a jerk, he looked around and found her sleeping peacefully resting on his shoulder holding his hand tight. He just don't want to ruin the moment, he wanted the time to stop running, he so wanted to live this moment in every day of his life, he so wanted to wake up everyday watching her smiling at him...

"sanyu" he placed his palm on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb finger, he didn't mean to wake her up, but she did. 

"uh.!" She woke up groggily, and randhir instantly backed his hand. She raised her brows staring at him, he noticed her eyes swollen,

"kuch nehi, shall we continue? or do you want to stop it here?" he asked

"i wanted to know what happened to him" she mumbled making a face.

"hmm...but please don't cry sanyukta" he said opening the book, she said nothing, cause she was busy wondering at his behavior that night. On the other hand randhir expected her to release his hand after she was back in her senses but to his surprise she didn't! However, they continued to read, silently wondering at each other's behavior.

...................................................................................

5th June 2002.:

Days rolled and i couldn't find any specific reason for my existence, After niharika, i really had no one to count on, nothing to relay on.!! It's been 2 weeks that i had been at vartika's place and then it was becoming complicated for her.! Her sasuma, matlab hamara sasuma wants to know everything keenly about my long stay at their place and the story behind my injuries. she started pestering vartika and i truly hated to see her suffer for my sake.!!