Hating The FBI -- Crumbling Relationships --

Hey there!!

So it has been about 10 years since i last updated and sorry about that but at least here is the next chapter

vote

comment

Follow!

Next person to follow gets the dedication

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17 –

          I woke up with someone’s feet in my face. I took in a deep breath and regretted it, that person needed some serious help with those feet. I pushed the feet from my face and rolled over which landed me right on the floor. I groaned as I hit some coffee table and stood up slowly and glanced around me. I was in someone else’s apartment with about ten other people that I couldn’t remember from last night, I then spotted one of my shoes and headed towards it. The world wobbled slightly and I gripped the end of the couch and sighed, it was a long time since I had gotten that drunk and I wasn’t proud. Once my world had righted properly I headed and picked up my shoe then went on a hunt to find the other one before heading out of the apartment quietly making sure I didn’t wake anyone up. I slipped on my shoes once I had gotten outside the apartment then caught my reflection in a mirror and groaned and attempted to tame my hair by running my fingers through and wiping away my smudged makeup. Deciding that I couldn’t be saved, I headed outside to find out where I had landed. When I got outside and looked up at the building, I raised an eyebrow; I had stayed in a real fancy apartment block the shrugged knowing that I always did well even when I was drunk. I hailed a cab and was glad to be inside and told him the address to my apartment and tried not to fall asleep so I decided to look at my phone knowing I always took photos when I was drunk. I started to flick through and started to giggle and saw that I had a good night, I had photos from me dancing on the table to ended up on the couch in the strange apartment. I was glad to get back to my apartment and I was ready for a much needed shower and a cup of coffee, what I hadn’t bargained for was for my apartment to have been ransacked. I was shocked as everything had been turned over and all the mirrors had been smashed. I was fuming and beyond mad, I stormed across the room and headed into the bathroom and discovered that the mirror had been smashed and everything had been thrown everywhere, but lucky for me they hadn’t destroyed my shower. Ignoring everything around me, I stepped into the shower and focused on getting human once again before stepping over the mountain of stuff and headed into my room to find that all my clothes had been thrown everywhere. I sighed and began picking my way through all the clothes to find something decent to wear and something that hadn’t been ripped to shreds. Once I was dressed, I packed up the rest of my clothes that were salvageable and headed into the kitchen in search of a mug that hadn’t been smashed and my luck was beginning to turn when I found one and some instant coffee. I had to heat the water up in a pan on the hob as the idiot who was responsible for this mess destroyed my kettle. After the make shift coffee I looked around the apartment to find anything that could be saved and I would want to take with me on my travels. I was about to give up going through the mess when I came across a few smashed photo frames, I pushed the coffee table out of the way and sat on the edge of the over turned sofa before picking up the photos. I shook the photo’s out of the frame and of glass and looked at the image before me. They were photos of me and Neal throughout the years. I sighed wishing things were different and allowed a tear to spill before I pulled myself together and shoved them into my bag and wiping my eyes. I got up and headed towards the door of the apartment ready to say goodbye when I noticed a pale envelope on the counter. I frowned not remembering that I had any mail.

              I picked up the envelope and found that my name had been handwritten on the envelope. Dread started to wash through me as I dropped my bag and opened the letter and began to read. I couldn’t believe what I was reading and clenched my fist and then stuffed the letter into my pocket and raced out of my apartment taking my bag with me and hailing a cab. I told him where I needed to go and told him I would pay him double if he got there within the next ten minutes and sure enough, in ten minutes I was stood outside the building I thought that I would step through willingly. I took breath and stepped through the door knowing that I was taking a risk coming back and I particularly didn’t want to get arrested. I took the elevator and hoped that no one would recognise me and my luck was still going as no one did and I was grateful. I took a deep breath and stepped out onto the floor of Peter’s office and looked through the doors knowing that there was no going back and I just hoped that it would be worth it. I pushed open the door and took the step then another and started to walk with my head held high and ignored Neal getting up and I ignored him calling my name, I had one destination and I had no time to stop and chat. I picked up my pace knowing that Neal was right on my heels and jumped up the stairs to Peter’s office and barged straight into his office ignoring the fact that he was having a meeting with Diana. Suit looked up at me and was about to say something but then looked surprised to see me.