The Caffrey's

Hey there guys!

Here is the next chapter and sorry it's been so long.

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 -

"Are you sure that it's him Ash." Neal was pacing the floor of his apartment which he had been doing since I had got there which was hours ago. I looked out to the balcony and I could see the sun rising slowly telling me that it wouldn't be long before the rest of New York would be awake.

"I'm positive Neal." I said quietly. Neal ran a hand through his hair in frustration and suddenly there was a knock at the door. We all looked up at the door and no one moved. Neal then moved slowly to the door and opened it a little before opening it fully and revealed June standing there. She walked in gracefully.

"Good morning Ashley, you are here early and good morning Mozzie. I see that this isn't a social visit and that something is wrong." She sat on the spare chair at the table and looked at each in turn smiling. There were no flies on her and she knew that something was wrong. I took a deep breath and told her everything from what happened originally with Keller to the note that I had received. June pursed her lips.

"Byron knew someone like that dear who got too big for their boots." I looked at her hoping she knew that answer on sorting the problem.

"What happened?" I asked hoping there was a happy ending.

"Exactly what happened to you three dear but Byron didn't make it. It was the man that brought him down." She looked out across New York and I could tell that she was somewhere else; she was remembering her late husband. I took her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm so sorry June." She smiled and gave my hand a gentle squeeze back.

"Thank you dear and you will be alright. I'm sure that you famous con artists can come up with something." With that she got up and headed for the door where she came to a stop and looked at us and then at Neal.

"Maybe your suit friend can offer some help." I looked at her in shock.

"Burke? No way! There is no way on this earth that we are asking that plant head for help! We will manage just fine, we always have and this will be no different." I folded my arms across my chest in defiance not wanting the help of the FBI. I would rather stick pins in my eyes. June shrugged and left the room closing the door behind her. I stared at the door hoping that it would grow a mouth and tell me the right answer to the situation. I sighed.

"Well as much as I like sitting here I am going to leave before Mr. Suit comes and picks you up." Mozzie stood up and nodded at us both before leaving. I knew that Mozzie was going to figure out if Keller was really here or if there was a copycat about. I stood up and headed to Neal's closet where I put a few spare clothes and headed for the shower leaving him to ponder the crisis.

I came back to the living room ready for the day and decided to dress sensible in jeans and converse and my famous black leather jacket just in case Keller wanted to race me for jelly beans. I noticed that Peter was sat at the table watching Neal making a cup of coffee.

"Make me some of that?" I asked as I fell into the chair with a yawn.

"Make your own." Neal muttered and I scowled into his back.