Road Trip

December 1, 2015 10:34 A.M.

Stef woke with a jerk, sitting up in the bed she quickly looked to her left and saw that the bed was empty. She scanned the dark room, the curtain was pulled, shutting out the light from outside. She saw the light coming from beneath the bathroom door as she got out of bed. She could hear Lena vomiting on the other side of the door. 

"Lena?" She called out to her through the door as she lightly tapped on it. "Are you okay?" She knew she wasn't but she didn't know what else to say. 

She didn't get a reply so she went and grabbed a bottle of water and a pack of the plain crackers from the bag by the bed. She went back to the bathroom door and heard Lena crying softly. She checked the knob and found that it wasn't locked, so she opened it slowly. She saw Lena sitting on the floor leaning back against the tub with a washcloth covering her face. 

"Lena? I brought you some water." Stef said as she knelt on the floor beside her.

Stef touched Lena's thigh softly as Lena pulled the cloth from her face. The two women stared at each other for a moment before Lena took the bottle from Stef. 

"Thank you." Lena said quietly, her voice was hoarse from throwing up.

"Here." Stef said, laying the crackers on Lena's thigh before sitting beside her on the floor with her back to the tub as well. 

Stef wrapped her arm around Lena's shoulder, pulling her closer to her. Lena stiffened slightly before she relaxed into Stef, laying her head into the crook of Stef's shoulder, her forehead resting against the side of Stef's neck.

"I'm sorry." Lena whispered. "It's just my nerves."

"It's okay, love. You don't have to explain. Believe me, I get it. My first case with the Bureau was hard on me and I would be sick all the time, so I understand." Stef said, not realizing she had called her love and started playing with Lena's hair, twisting the curls around her fingers.

Lena noticed that Stef had called her love and was now playing with her hair, but she didn't say anything or stop her. It was relaxing to her and she wouldn't admit this to anyone, but she really liked it. She could feel the electricity flowing between them and she didn't want to move because... well she was afraid it would break whatever this spell was around them. She didn't know what it was about Stef that had her calmed down in seconds. Whatever it was she wanted more of it. She just couldn't come out and tell her how she was feeling. Hell, she didn't even know what she was feeling. All she knew was that she liked it and she really hoped that she stayed alive long enough to figure out what it was. 

They sat in silence for a few more minutes, Lena ate a few crackers and sipped on the water. Stef knew that they had to get on the road, she didn't want to move but knew that if she didn't she would probably say something that she had no right saying to Lena. Especially in the situation that they were in. Now was not the time, she just hoped that she could keep Lena alive, so that after this was all over she could actually do something about whatever this spark was between them. She didn't know if Lena felt it too, but she really wanted to find out... but for now she had to stay focused on the job at hand and not on other things. Those other things could easily be the difference between life and death for them.

"Are you feeling any better?" Stef asked quietly.

Lena raised her head slightly and looked up at Stef, "Yes, thank you." She replied but didn't move any further to get up from their position.

"We need to get on the road soon." Stef said as she stood up, stretching a hand out to help Lena up off the floor. 

"Do you know where we're going?" Lena asked as she took Stef's hand, letting pull her up off the cold tiles.