Taking Chances

A/N: sorry this took so long to write and I really hope you like this chapter. It's a very long chapter, almost double what the last chapter was. I didn't want to split anything up here. The song above is 'Taking Chances' by Celine Dion and I think it really sums up this chapter. I listened to it while I wrote this, so maybe I infused the meaning of the lyrics into this chapter. I hope you all are not disappointed. Let me know what you think in a comment and vote if you liked it. Thank you all for all the wonderful comments. 

And a very special thanks to Allie & Cy, thank you for being such amazing people and so kind to me. This chapter is for you girls. Hugs & kisses and much love to you both!!!  

December 18, 2015 7:36 A.M.

It had been two weeks since the night of the snow storm and Stef and Lena had worked tirelessly on her gun training. Neither had said anything about what had happened between them that night. Neither knew what to say. Lena didn't want to push Stef into something that she would later regret. 

On several occasions over the past few weeks had pushed the boundaries for Stef and it took all she had in her not to take Lena right there. As Stef laid in bed not wanting to get up, she remembered one such occasion.

Flashback  

Stef had fixed a late dinner that night. The two of them had checked the perimeter around the house for any disturbances in the trip wires they had placed, causing dinner to be late. Lena had decided to take a shower while Stef something quick. By the time Stef had finished Lena had not returned so Stef went to check on her in case she had fallen asleep.   

Lena's door was opened slightly and Stef could see Lena standing in front of the dresser on the far wall. Stef could see her reflection in the mirror. Lena removed the robe she had on, letting it slide slowly off her shoulders to pool on the floor around her feet. Stef stood there enthralled with the sight of her. Her caramel colored skin still damp from her shower, her hair bunched up on top of her head as a few wet tendrils clung to her neck... captivated Stef. She knew she should look away, but she couldn't tear her eyes away from Lena. She was absolutely enchanted by her beauty. All she wanted to do was go through the door and take Lena to bed. She knew she couldn't do that, but it didn't stop the ache she was feeling for the other woman. She longed to tell her the things she was feeling and to show her how to truly be loved by a woman. To tell her how beautiful she thought she was. How special she had become so quickly to her. Stef felt torn between doing what her heart was telling her to do and doing what her head told her was the right thing to do. She had never felt this way before, never been torn between her emotions.  

Lena caught a glimpse of Stef in the mirror watching her. She didn't let on that she saw her, she wanted her to look, to be tempted into doing something, anything to show that she wasn't alone in what she was feeling. She dropped the robe slowly and could see Stef's eyes rake down her body and she rubbed the lotion into her skin. She could see the look of longing in Stef's eyes and she had to stop herself from smiling because she didn't want Stef to run again. She knew she should just put her clothes on, but instead she drug out putting the moterizer on herself while Stef continued to watch. Letting her hands glide over her skin slowly, enticing Stef all the more. If she wasn't mistaken, she would have sworn that she heard Stef gasp as she rubbed the lotion across her stomach and breasts. She finally finished and pulled her white lace panties slowly up her long legs before slipping on a pair of sleep pants and an oversized t-shirt to sleep in. She looked up and Stef was gone, a moment later Stef called her from down the hall to tell her dinner was ready