Chap 16

Chanyeol stood on the cafeteria table with a megaphone in his hand thanks to Chen's magnificent idea. Chen literally talked him into asking Baekhyun to the prom publicly to the whole school because according to him, Baekhyun won't say no. 

"Attention everyone," he began, looking around for his soulmate. He spotted him chattering to his friends and laughing. With a deep breath, Chanyeol held the megaphone to his mouth and began spitting out his lines than Chen told him, "Byun Baekhyun," he began, clutching the megaphone tightly, "You're the apple of my eye, the jelly to my bread the one who pulls at my heart strings and make me weak. Words aren't enough to describe how much I want to shove my thick c— " he cut himself off upon realising what he was about to say. Dumbyeol! He cleared his throat, "So, with that said, will you m—I mean, go to the prom with me?"

Baekhyun's friends awed at his speech, except for Baekhyun whose face was serious, though in his heart, deep down—way deep down, he was touched and impressed that he had enough to courage to do that in front of the whole school. Cute.

"So?" Chanyeol asked, waiting for Baekhyun's response, secretly saying a prayer that the boy would accept and they would live happily ever after. 

A thought—one not of good things—suddenly appeared in Baekhyun's head, making him smirk. He folded his arms across his chest, "Fuck no!" 

Those words were enough to fuck Chanyeol a million times over; what evil deeds did he do in his past life to deserve this? Chanyeol will never know. 

Stunned, Chanyeol stood frozen on the table, eyes widened and lips slightly parted. Can I die now?  Chen, being the good friend he is, dragged Chanyeol from the table and drew him away from the crowd. 

When they were out of the view of the crowd, Chanyeol sobbed, "He hates me, Chen! I have nothing to live for?"

Chen smacked him in his face, "Yah! Are you saying you wouldn't live for me, or your other two best friends or your family or your teddy bears—" Does he ever shut up? "—or your house, your Chanwiches or any other shit?" He took a deep breath and continued, "Forget about Baekhyun for the while and think about those who actually care. Cheer up, it's not the end of the fucking world!"

Even with those caring words, Chanyeol still felt broken; he actually did think Baekhyun wouldn't reject him or even if he did think Baekhyun would reject him—which never crossed his mind at all—he would've done it nicely.  He felt like Baekhyun was a necessity to his life, just as how oxygen is vital for us to breathe. 

He started to cry, Chen deeming that it was pathetic but that didn't stop him from comforting his best friend, nonetheless; Chen really is a good guy.

<<Meanwhile with Baekhyun>>

"Are you stupid?" Kyungsoo shouted, livid of the fact that Baekhyun really said that back there. Kyungsoo was a victim of rejection and he knew damn well how that felt—the pain of being dismissed and replaced by another person hurts; it really isn't nice

Baekhyun felt the guilt coursing through his body. What have I done? Sighing, he looked up at Kyungsoo with a sorry look"I'm dumb and now I feel super sorry. I only wanted him to feel as bad as I did when he humiliated me in front of everyone, but now I feel like absolute shit!"

"You are shit!" Kyungsoo spat, clenching and unclenching his fists. "You hurt the poor boy's feelings and Byun Baekhyun, you know very well how that feels. Go and apologise before I pluck out the cells out of your brain one by one and feed them to my dogs."

Immediately, Baekhyun got up and went searching for Chanyeol, but unluckily for him, he couldn't find the boy anywhere. Oh, fucking great!