Chap 17

Baekhyun was on the verge of giving up when he couldn't spot the giant anywhere, but luck was on his side today. He saw Chen and Chanyeol walking, the taller slouching and he could tell that he was unhappy. 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun shouted, capturing both boys' attention. Chanyeol smiled slightly as he saw Baekhyun running towards them, his hair bouncing as he did so. Chen, on the other hand, frowned and whispered to Chanyeol that they keep walking. 

Chanyeol contemplated for a minute but decided that he will listen to what Baekhyun has to say because no matter what, Baekhyun is his soulmate.

"Can you give us some privacy please?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he caught up to the two boys. Chen rolled his eyes and kissed Chanyeol's cheeks in a friendly way before he left. Something churned in Baekhyun's stomach, the feeling very familiar—something along the lines of jealousy—but Baekhyun threw those thoughts away. 

He gestured for Chanyeol to follow him and the latter did so, trailing behind the shortie and admiring his back view. Maybe one day I'll claim him as mine...

Sitting down, Baekhyun sighed and turned to Chanyeol, "I'm sorry, really, I am. In all honesty, I wanted to get back at you for humiliating me with the poop stain thing. I realised getting back at you didn't make me feel any better and when I rejected you like that, I could sense the sadness. I know that it must hurt badly because you're practically in love with me."

Chanyeol's eyes widened, "W-What do you mean?"

Baekhyun chuckled, "I knew you were following me around ever since forever." Baekhyun said, shaking his head. How stupid do you think I am?

"W-Why didn't you say anything about it?" Chanyeol asked with furrowed brows. 

"Because," Baekhyun started, staring directly into Chanyeol's sparkling eyes, "I kind of like it when you were around me, though I never showed it at all and if anything happened to me, I knew you were always looking out for me so I always felt safe."

Chanyeol's heart fluttered and a smile graced his lips. His heart felt as though it could fly out of his chest right now. 

"You knew along," Chanyeol muttered. "Wow, you're so good at ignoring people, aren't you?"

"I guess," Baekhyun responded, getting up. He brushed off his school trousers and stretched, the action causing his shirt to lift and expose his tummy. Chanyeol's eyes grew big as his ears and looked away, though he really didn't want to.  "I have to go now, see you around."

"Wait!" Chanyeol stopped Baekhyun before he could go any further. "What about the prom? Will you go with me?"

Baekhyun secretly smirked, wanting to tease Chanyeol a bit. "Um...I kinda had someone else in mind.." Baekhyun didn't miss the glint of sadness on Chanyeol's face. Not wanting to see the boy like that anymore, he said, "I'm just kidding. Of course, I'll go with you!"

Chanyeol was so happy that he intertwined his fingers with Baekhyun's. Both of their heartbeats sped up, the contact seeming a bit intimate. Baekhyun looked at his and Chanyeol's intertwined finger and said in a soft tone, "Let me go." Actually, don't.

Chanyeol muttered a 'sorry' before letting go and awkwardly stood beside Baekhyun, scratching the back of his neck. A part of Baekhyun wanted to hold his hand again but he decided against it. I'm such a coward!