four

(four LOL I'm 1D af)

"Alright," Professor Hemmings practically slammed down his stupid white board pen after writing on the board and stood with his hands in his pockets in front of my English class Monday afternoon.

I clicked my pen in and out, annoyed with the boredom that came with coming to this class everyday.

"I want you all the read Macbeth until the end of Act Two, Scene Two and I expect an opinion formed on it because I will be asking for a few of you to share tomorrow in class when we reflect," he said.

"Macbeth," I mumbled. "How classic."

"Do you have something you would like to share with the class, Miss Williams?" Professor Hemmings turned to me all of a sudden.

"Oh no, sir," I smiled at him. "It's just that I've already read Macbeth at least twenty times."

"Well read it again." He turned around and I rolled my eyes, making a face at him.

I skimmed over the pages just to get a refresher in the library after class, spending an hour or two getting all my homework done and doing some studying. Alex joined me at first but had to leave early to go to football practice before dinner.

I packed up my books and pulled my bag over my shoulder, heading back to my dorms to put them away before heading to dinner. Alex wanted to sit with the girls and I at dinner, and Eileen and Eleanor had already left so Blair and I walked down to the dining hall together.

We were served our dinner and Alex showed up a few minutes late, but sat with us and still tried to get in on the conversation once he had.

"...And he smiled at me when he handed me pencil and said that my hair looked pretty today and I think we're going to be planning a wedding soon," Eileen sat practically with heart eyes as she talked to Eleanor about a boy in her science class who picked up her pencil for her when she dropped it. Alex laughed at them while Blair sat and rolled her eyes.

"Boys are gross," she said. "No offense Alex."

"None taken," he said. "I agree."

"Your love life sounds so boring, Blair," Eileen said. "There has to be someone you're not telling us about."

"Yeah, who is it?" Eleanor asked.

Blair sighed. "Okay, there's this girl in my world history class."

"Ooh, tell us more!" Eileen grabbed Blair's arm, getting excited.

"That's the problem! There is no more," she sighed, setting her fork down. "She's so out of my league."

"Oh come on, Blair you are so hot," Eleanor said. "No one is 'out of your league.'"

"I'm pretty sure she's straight anyways," Blair rolled her eyes. "Why do all the hot girls have to be either straight or bitches?"

"Tell me about it," Alex said. "Minus the straight part."

"Well what's she like?" I asked.

"She has blonde hair, really long, really pretty blonde hair," she said. "And she has the most stunning green eyes."

"Hey, you should ask her out," Alex said.

"I've tried!" Blair hit her hand against her forehead. "But she thinks I'm asking to hang out, not go on a date. And every time I tell her that she's cute she thinks I'm just being nice. No, you're cute and I want to date you!"

I laughed, imagining how hard it must be. I have to admit that if another girl told me I was cute I would just assume she meant in a friendly way.