thirteen

I had to practically drag myself out of bed Saturday morning to go with Eileen and Blair to get their dresses with them. I walked with them to the train we were taking into town and engaged as best as I could in their conversation.

"So, Karen said that her favorite color on me was that plum jumper I wore last week," Blair said. "And she she said she thinks royal blue compliments it well and wants to get a royal blue dress for hers."

"Well I can certainly help you out with that," Eileen said. "I'm so excited that Bryan asked me to the dance, I was honestly hoping he would."

Eileen continued to gush about the boy from her science class that she'd been flirting with a lot lately and I was honestly happy for her, I was just still a bit "down in the dumps" about Alex.

As we were shopping, Blair tried on a few different dresses but Eileen and I agreed that the best one was a short fitted plum dress with a sparkly strap that went around the top of the breast. It complimented her curves perfectly and it looked amazing on her.

"Come on, Daisy, you've got to spill and tell us what keeps bothering you," Eileen said as we made our way to another store to look for Eileen's dress.

"I'm just worried," I said. "Alex seemed so mad about something that didn't even happen, and looking at dresses is only making me feel worse. I'm afraid he's going to break up with me and call off all our plans for the Autumn Dance."

"I'm sure he won't do that," Eileen said.

"Honestly, I think it's total bullshit that everyone is spreading those rumors about you," Blair said. "And I can't believe that Eleanor and Alex both think that you would actually do something like that."

"And if Alex is truly worthy of your love, he will come to his senses and realize that this is all just a silly mistake and that he shouldn't believe just everything he hears," Eileen said. "If he doesn't realize that, then he's honestly just not worth your time."

"I suppose you're right," I said. "I'm just afraid."

"Well you know that Blair and I are both here for you," Eileen said, putting her arm around my shoulder and Blair's. "And I'm sure once El realizes that she's horribly wrong she will be too."

"I hope so," I said. We had entered another store and my eyes caught this gorgeous light blue dress. "Oh my god, Eileen you have to try on that dress."

Eileen excitedly ran for the dress, pulled it off the rack and ran to a fitting room to try it on. She stepped out, the cute strapless party dress puffed out slightly around her hips like a cute tutu.

"Eileen, that looks so perfect with your eyes," I said, honestly meaning the compliment. The blue matched her eyes and made them pop.

"I think this is the one, girls," Eileen giggled, spinning around a little in it. "I want this one."

"It looks fantastic on you," Blair said. "You have to get that one."

Once Eileen bought her dress, we headed back to the school on a train. I decided that although I had fun with Eileen and Blair, I still wanted the afternoon to myself. I went to the cafe in the town next to the school and bought myself some tea and sat down to read a book I'd checked out from the library. I was ready to forget my own problems and just submerge myself into another life where I didn't have to worry about my problems with Alex or Eleanor or Professor Hemmings.

I'd only just gotten into the first few pages of my book when someone sat down in the chair across from me. I looked up to see none other than Alex himself sitting across from me.

I looked down at my book again before he asked, "Can we talk?"

"About?" I peered up from my book at him, wondering what he could possibly want to talk about.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry," he said. "It was completely wrong for me to accuse you of cheating on me, especially with your teacher and I should have known better than to think that you'd do that. I guess I was just too in my head to realize that I really am lucky to have you and I know that you'd never cheat on me, especially not with your teacher."

"Thank you for finally realizing that and apologizing to me," I said.

"I want you to know that I'm really sorry for the way I acted out and I want us to go back to normal," he said. "I really am a lucky guy and I should appreciate my beautiful girlfriend more."

"Well when you put it that way," I smiled, blushing a little.

"So the boys wanted to go do something but I think I owe it to you to spend the afternoon with you instead," he said. "Do you want to go get some ice cream or something?"

"I would actually really like that," I said, standing up and sipping the last of my tea.

Alex took my hand and walked with me toward the ice cream shop in town, a little relief lifted from my chest about the entire situation.

-

Once I'd gotten home from spending time with Alex, I was in a much better mood than I was before.

I sat with our table again at dinner, feeling a bit more social than before. I sat with Eileen and Blair because I still hadn't made amends with Eleanor, but that would come in time.

I made my way up to my dorm after dinner and heard someone calling my name.

"Daisy! Wait up!" I turned around and saw Eleanor rushing up the stairs to meet me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, listen Daisy I'm really sorry," she said. "You were right, and I'm a horrible best friend for even inferring that you were anything like that."

"You aren't a horrible best friend, El," I said. "I forgive you."

"What I did wasn't what a best friend should do," she said. "I'm sorry and I want us to be back on good terms."

"We can be," I put my arm around her shoulder. "I forgive you. Alex and I worked things out too."

"I'm really glad to hear that," she said. "And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you this week when you needed me."

"Let's leave that in the past," I said. "I just want to focus on the future."

"Okay," she said. "I'm right there with you."

I made it to my room, laying in bed feeling much better. I was feeling so much better that not even Professor Hemmings could make me feel unhappy at that point.

-

A/N: if you think all the drama is gone you're all in for a suprise ;)

tomorrow I'm going to prom I'm so excited bless

vote/comment/share?? <3