seventeen

A/N: sorry this is such a late update! I am 24 hours overdue I'm so sorry

November seemed to fly right by despite my exhausting tutoring sessions with Professor Hemmings. Alex and I began to bicker more and more everyday and I tried to just relax and not stress out too much with my annoying pain in the ass boyfriend and my even more annoying, even more pain in the ass English professor. Eventually, Professor Hemmings and I began to get along a little bit better, and I'd occasionally make a few jokes that he'd laugh at, even some of my crude ones.

I pretty much distanced myself from all of the girls as much as possible. I sat with them at meals everyday and kept tabs on their relationships, but stayed in my own world most of the time. I just felt so off and unhappy all the time, and I couldn't figure out why.

After Alex's football game that he won, I congratulated him before he told me he was going to celebrate with the boys and get some ice cream. As I was walking back to my dorm, Eleanor caught up to me and stopped to talk.

"Hey Daisy, do you want to go get some lunch together?" she asked. "We haven't had a real day for us in a while."

"Sure," I said, hiding the fact that I honestly only wanted to lay in my bed and sleep. I smiled and walked with her out of the school grounds and we started the walk into town.

"Blair still doesn't want to get into a relationship with Karen, and she told us that Karen is losing interest and has been talking to other people," Eleanor said. "So she's a little bent out of shape about it and Eileen is pep talking her and convincing her that she doesn't need to be with a girl who can't make up her mind anyways."

"That poor girl goes through so much," I said.

"Yeah, I wish she would stop letting people take advantage of her kindness so much," Eleanor said. "Either way, I think Karen will be out of the picture soon enough and we'll get our good old Blair back."

"That's good," I smiled. I loved Blair, she had an attitude much like mine and I hadn't seen much of it lately.

Eleanor and I walked inside the little restaurant and sat down, waiting for a waitress to come take our order. She picked up a menu and looked over it, trying to decide what she wanted.

"I feel like I always just get a sandwich or salad here," she said. "I think since it's so cold outside I'm going to get some soup."

"Me too," I said, honestly just too lazy to actually look over the menu.

Eleanor put down her menu and sighed, looking at me across the table. "How have your tutoring sessions been?"

"Alright, I guess," I shrugged. "A little more tolerable maybe."

She nodded. "I've noticed you don't tend to mouth off to Hemmings as much in class. Do you guys get along better now?"

"I mean, we're not constantly arguing, if you want to call that 'getting along,'" I said. "He's still an asshole though and I still hate him."

"Outside of the classroom setting I'm sure he's a very nice guy," she said.

"Yeah, well I don't see anything outside of the whole classroom setting so he's a prick," I shrugged. "How have your classes been?"

"They've been fine," she said. "I want to graduate, yesterday."

"Me too," I rolled my eyes. I was so done with this dumb school, I just wanted to go to uni already. Of course, that might not happen with my English grade the way it is.

"Has your grade in English at least gone up?"

"Hardly," I said. "Less than 2%."

"I mean, any improvement is better than no improvement," she offered.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I just want my grade to get back up so that I can just end these stupid tutoring sessions."

Eleanor sighed, a waitress finally coming by to get our order. After she left with our menus, El turned back to me.

"Okay, enough about Hemmings," she said. "How are things with Alex?"

I literally rolled my eyes. "I don't want to talk about him either."

"What happened?" she asked, disregarding my comment. I mean, she is my best friend, she has a right to do that.

"We just never stop bickering over the stupidest things," I said. "I swear, we can't go less than 4 hours without getting into some minor argument and getting annoyed with each other. And he's always asking for time to spend together when he knows I'm busy with tutoring and it just makes me even more anxious about literally everything."

"I'm sure it's just a phase," Eleanor said. I knew she was just trying to be positive for my sake.

"I've been thinking about calling it quits with Alex," I said, taking a sip of the water that had been placed in front of us. "I have too much to think about right now."

"I'm worried about you, Daisy."

"I'm fine, I swear," I said. "I'm just really really stressed right now is all. I'll be fine."

Eleanor didn't look convinced, but she dropped the issue anyways and I was grateful for that.

I felt bad because the rest of the lunch we had together I tried to make fun and be enthusiastic but I couldn't find the energy. I went to bed early that night, wanting to change one too many things.

-

A/N: short update I APOLOGIZE but there is good stuff coming in the next chapter so NO COMPLAINING

vote/comment/share? x